Triage Phone Call - TMU?

Scotland19

Reaction score
Just a quick question for anyone in the know. I have a triage phone medical with CAPITA on friday and understand they will ask me a series of questions, because I have broken my wrist and ankle before can I almost be guaranteed to be made TMU until they look into this further?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Unless you have submitted a c
Just a quick question for anyone in the know. I have a triage phone medical with CAPITA on friday and understand they will ask me a series of questions, because I have broken my wrist and ankle before can I almost be guaranteed to be made TMU until they look into this further?
Unless you have submitted a copy of the relevant medical notes relating to the fractures, together with the Medical questionnaire and Optician report form, the triage nurse will have to write to your GP to get the information before booking your Face to Face (F2F) medical examination.

During this interim period, an applicant is placed TMU simply because they cannot pronounce you fit to proceed due to insufficient information being available at triage.

jwcompound

Reaction score
relevant medical notes relating to the fractures

Where would one get medical notes from? Is it a case of walking in to the hospital you were treated at and asking?

Scotland19

Reaction score
Unless you have submitted a c

Unless you have submitted a copy of the relevant medical notes relating to the fractures, together with the Medical questionnaire and Optician report form, the triage nurse will have to write to your GP to get the information before booking your Face to Face (F2F) medical examination.

During this interim period, an applicant is placed TMU simply because they cannot pronounce you fit to proceed due to insufficient information being available at triage.
Surely already knowing that I have not submitted the relevant medical notes it would make more sense to just write to my GP straight away instead of scheduling a phone call first?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Surely already knowing that I have not submitted the relevant medical notes it would make more sense to just write to my GP straight away instead of scheduling a phone call first?
They need to check through it with you in case there are other things they want to know more about or may need to contact your GP about.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
relevant medical notes relating to the fractures

Where would one get medical notes from? Is it a case of walking in to the hospital you were treated at and asking?
Just talk to your GP surgery receptionist. They may be able to provide a print out from your GP surgery.

allye

Reaction score
My best advice would be when they inevitably ask for more details from your GP, completely side step them and get the notes yourself and forward it on to capita.

I was TMU due to a removed mole, got the report the next day from my GP and was passed fit by capita within couple weeks - quite a remarkable story by all accounts!