True dit to make you cry

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I just heard an amazing story that will make you cry. (apologies for the code names and if it confuses you)

I was talking to the wife of a WO2 in the marines about MI5, MI6, etc and she said its weird I should mention it *text deleted* Mr X (her husband) has an acquaintance, Mr MI6, who is in one of them (cant remember which) and he recently told Mr X a story that had happened earlier this year.

Just a bit of background, that you probably already know. Sometimes members of MI6, or whatever, have to be 'bumped off' for security reasons. This means these people suddenly 'disappear' its not known if they are killed off/assassinated by the government, or they are killed on an operation and the government just denies all knowledge, or if the government simply abducts them and tells them (for whatever reason) they have to take on a new identity and live abroad and never see anyone they currently know ever again.

So anyway, Mr MI6 met someone during MI6 training who he became extremely close friends with, partly because they were limited to who they were allowed to associate with but also because they just got on so well they spent most their time together.
During training they had an instuctor who always used to say,

“Answers on a post card”

and it really annoyed the both of them. But after training they would always say it to each other to wind each other up. A few years later they both got involved in training recruits and would both make efforts to say it just for laughs.

One day Mr X's friend (Mr MI6) could not contact his friend and his house was empty and for sale. Despite knowing he was not allowed to ask about the whereabouts of agents, he inquired as to what had happened to his friend and was denied any knowledge or information on him.

Earlier this year, (about 5 years on) Mr MI6 received a post card sent to his parents address, on the post card it said, 'Answers.'

Oh dear im crying again!

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I was being slightly sarcastic but it is a true story.

It was obviously Mr MI6's friend sending him the post card with 'Answers' on it. answers on a post card, remember!

He was just letting him know he was still alive somewhere.

Its supposed to be sad *text deleted* they were best friends and Mr MI6 thought his mate was dead. But his mate used a memory from the past that no-one else would get, to let him know he was still out there somewhere. He had obviously been 'Bumped off' and wasn't allowed contact with his mate so used code.

Get wit the program girlfriend!

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Good story, hardly going to make you cry though. :P

*text deleted* how do you end up in contact with a WO2 and his wife?

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
yea aint *text deleted* make someone cry, but when I left primary school my mate sarcasm followed me.

His wife works with me and I've known him for a while. He has been giving me impartial advice here and there and telling some good dits from his career.
He's hardcore, as a Colour Sgt PTI at Lympstone he used to have to do the 30 miler every 2 weeks. He also did the Mountain Leader course. He is like a never ending pit of useful information!

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well I understoof that, i just thaught there would be more to it *text deleted*, GL with *text deleted* fitness *text deleted* Matt, i'm setting off for mine now

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Remember as long as the speed never goes below 14.2 you will pass.
Good luck mate. I'm taking a mate with me to call me a pu$$y when I slow down!

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
What does "answers on a postcard" mean???

:doh:

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
you know what, I'm not really sure, but I've heard it said loads before.

I think it comes from old TV shows, "send your answers in on a post card"
and so it was probably the instuctors way of saying, don't all call out with your answers, I don't care, send em to me on a post card!

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
ooooOOOOoooo i get ya (Y)

:rally_drive:

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I dont *text deleted* seem harsh but how is that sad??????????