twisted ankle

roguesniper

Reaction score
some advice needed please.

twisted my ankle 2 weeks ago, its better now but still get discomfort when i turn my ankle inwards. dont get the pain when i walk, had a small run this morning and it didnt hurt, its just when i do sharp movements.

should i give it another week before getting bk into full training programme?

cheers neil

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
if i were u mate i would give i another week just to ease *text deleted* self back into trainin strat with some light stuff an in make it that bit more intense each trainin day or have u tried an elasticated bandage i find them help when i am playin footy after i have been injured

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah give it another week, you don't want it going on your medical record unless you really need it to. Put it in a support or 'elasticated bandage' only when you're training, if you're not training take any support off. Also try hot cold treatment for the week.

Take it easy so not to over do it.

roguesniper

Reaction score
i am off to buy one tommorow. just gets you down when you cant continue with your training programmes.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Tell me about it, been off running for a month to recover from knee injury, my left thigh shunk more than an inch compared to my right so I had to build the strength and muscle back up before I could run. Running imbalanced can really mess you up.

roguesniper

Reaction score
i been trying to keep the leg muscles up by doing weights in the gym. other than that nothing i can really do till i can get back to training properly. but i has given me time to seriously work on my upper body strength, which is now at a good level.

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Ankle

Neil,
your injury sounds like its on the mend mate. I would recommend an anti inflamatory cream like Ibuleve as this will help to speed up the removal of inflamation areas.

Another good tool to use to help cure ankle problems and strengthen the ankle once its on the road to recovery is a wobble board, if you can make one or get your hands on one from some where.

Best Regards

Steve

roguesniper

Reaction score
yeah got some anti inflamatory cream today. cheers for the advice.

might sound stupid but whats a wobble board?

neil

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Here you go mate, i thought i was getting wound up when i heard that i should get a wobble board to help my balance after my ear operation, they help your balance and strengthen your ankles too.

http://www.return2fitness.co.uk/Rehabilitation/Wobble_Boards.

Didnt get mine from here mind you, its just so you know what your looking for, any decent sports store should have em.