Under 5 weeks till my PRMC, any chance?

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I can do about 4 pull ups, 57 press ups in 2 minutes, over 80 sit ups in 2 minutes and I can run 3 miles in under 22 minutes.

If I was to take my PRMC in 3 days time, I think I'd physically fail it. Anyway I've got more than 3 days, I've got 5 weeks to train.

The thing I'm scared about is even if I can meet the required targets now, when I'm at the PRMC.. it's one after the other and I know that when that's the case things are twice as hard. So for example, I may even struggle to hit 30 press ups after an intense run.

So just before I attend my PRMC, I think my personal results should look like this: 3 mile run in 19.30, 80 press ups in two minutes, 100 sit ups in 2 minutes and a bleep test score of 14.

If I can achive those before my PRMC, I'll be one happy fella.. the the likes to achive that in 5 weeks of time looks a bit much no matter how hard I train.

I just wish I trained like I am now, months before my application was given in even...

Macca

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
To be honest mate, if you can run a 3miler under 22mins then thats great as you will push yourself harder than ever when your there as you obviously really want to impress, also your upper boddy strength doesn't look bad, if you produced the scores you are showing at the moment then I'm sure you will be successful, maybe try and get those pull ups to 6 but don't worry if you don't as people do pass on lower than 6 pull ups, I got 4 pull ups on my PRMC.

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
80 pressups in 2 minutes sounds a bit ambitious, remember to keep it realistic! my PRMC is in december- havnt got dae yet but my afco tryin to get me on in december, so that leaves about 8 weeks for me and *text deleted* i can only do like 30 marine style pressups in 2 minutes! i am truely useless at them, my situps tho, in excess of 100, pullups looking at 5-7, and 3 miler 22 minutes.

by the time my PRMC comes i would like 50 pressups, situps- im happy with as they currently are, pullups, 8-9, 3 miler anything below 20 would be great, and bleep test- last time i did one i got 11.5 and still had some drive left so looking at 12 for me.

Ipodbob

Reaction score
Look lads dont try so hard to reach these maximum scores and knock your confidence a nudge down. I passed my PRMC with 56 press ups, 57 sit ups, 6 pull ups. I think i got 9:26 on the run back.

I still can only hit 40 press ups then it really gets painful and slow and my sit ups are not a lot better either. Also some of the lads who were in RT said when we asked about their max reps ect, that they still cant do many more but they have the endurance Mike Tyson on steroids.

Cardio is all important more so than your than your initial strength, obviously it helps but its a hard mix to make i fell. Your scores seem good and nothing major to worry about unless you want to set some records. Dont forget they are looking for men who have determination rather than piss everything and couldn't give a *text deleted**text deleted*.

Either way good luck im sure you will pass if you don't give up. I did and my reps were worse than yours before i went down.

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Look lads dont try so hard to reach these maximum scores and knock your confidence a nudge down. I passed my PRMC with 56 press ups, 57 sit ups, 6 pull ups. I think i got 9:26 on the run back.

I still can only hit 40 press ups then it really gets painful and slow and my sit ups are not a lot better either. Also some of the lads who were in RT said when we asked about their max reps ect, that they still cant do many more but they have the endurance Mike Tyson on steroids.

Cardio is all important more so than your than your initial strength, obviously it helps but its a hard mix to make i fell. Your scores seem good and nothing major to worry about unless you want to set some records. Dont forget they are looking for men who have determination rather than piss everything and couldn't give a *text deleted**text deleted*.

Either way good luck im sure you will pass if you don't give up. I did and my reps were worse than yours before i went down.

*text deleted* well they will see the determination on my face when i struggle to get past 30 pressups in 2 minutes! *text deleted*

Rusty6270

Reaction score
How r the press ups done?

Hey guys,quick question,im hitting all the targets fine at the moment and probably wont be on a PRMC until jan,but i was wondering how the press ups r conducted?
I found that i can bang out 60 if i bang out say 3-4 sets in 2 mins no problem,then i noticed the way that they do them on RT during watching some of the training online. Are they done in that style? cause if so when i tried them like that i collapsed at about 35,but as i said at least i have a good couple of months to improve.
Any help would be appreciated
cheers

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
nobody knows who will pass and fail, blokes have smashed the PRMC and failed, and others havnt hit one maximum target and passed. it depends on alot of things. you cant say if a certain scores will pass or not.

Macca

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Getting the correct scores and having the right attitude, character and commitment is all you need, some people dodn't have them and they fail

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
nobody knows who will pass and fail, blokes have smashed the PRMC and failed, and others havnt hit one maximum target and passed. it depends on alot of things. you cant say if a certain scores will pass or not.

yer thats true.

pain is glory

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hey there ipodbob would you say 45 press-ups 80 sit-ups 6 pull-ups is a good all round score with a good few weeks still left to go thanks

pain is glory.