Underwear...

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Not as silly as the title suggests. Just wanting to know what underwear you guys wear when are training/on PRMC.

I only own boxers, so that is obviously what I wear but when running and doing situps (esp. when sweaty) it can get a bit 'uncomfortable'.

Are there any rules for PRMC as to what you have to wear?

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
No rules as such, although the PTIs wont like it if your boxers hang out the top/bottom of your shorts in the gym.

Everyone in my troop wore boxers on a day to day basis but often decided to 'go commando' when in the field.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Ahh good old commando!

I wear boxers on the less annoying forms of exercise, type i wear are fine for circuits.
For running i wear briefs / y fronts whatever you call them, they keep the junk in a secure and out of the way position. And they dont rub and give wedgies either... which is always an advantage.

jeremy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i wear boxers + undershorts but don't think this is allowed :p

am19

Reaction score
jus wear a thong mate theyll love it!! ;)

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I just put a sock on my cucumber then off to the gym i go....

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
there's an image that's going to haunt me next time i'm on the bench... *text deleted*. just glad you don't spot me!

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Army

I did some Army basic and 90% of the guys had boxers.
When we were issued our PT shorts we found our boxers all hung out the bottom which did not go down well at all with PTI's and one guys d1ck used to hang out the bottom when he did lunges, squats etc!!
Needless to say everyone had y fronts arriving in the post from our mothers a couple days later!
Y fronts are a bit gay, but I don't mind puttin up with that for a green beret!

Another question, does anyone know if you HAVE to have speedos for swimming. I haven't ever worn any, not even in primary school for the same reasons I have never worn a butt plug, it just doesn't do anything for me and I've always thought it was only something Gays do....?

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
be honest matt you're worrying about your bikini line! i've heard somewhere speedos are reuired though no doubt somone will correct me if i'm wrong

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
They are 100% cumpulsary. Everyone will be wearing them, so it wont be that bad.

S

Sotiris

Haha why have you spelt Gays with a capital G?

I know you're supposed to wear speedos but how come on nearly every clip of Commando swimming exercises I've seen there are also some guys wearing shorts?

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
how come on nearly every clip of Commando swimming exercises I've seen there are also some guys wearing shorts?
well there's always one isn't there...*text deleted*
great. speedos and tighty whiteys.

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
bikini line

Yea its like the way they say you MUST take a plastic bucket to RT, yet everyone says that hardly anyone takes one and they're not needed.

capital G, im not too sure, to be honest I didn't give it much thought and wasn't aware I would be picked up on it, im sure if you could you would have drawn a red circle around it!!

I was *text deleted* pick at summit you did wrong, but you god damn haven't done anything wrong!

S

Sotiris

Chiiiiiiiiil man haha, it was general curiosity and humour that prompted me to ask and not an attack of any sort.

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
It's because subliminally he wants to seperate himself from Gays. He put a capital G, to show that they are a group of people, like Mods and Rockers, etc.

He may not have meant to, but chances are that's why he did.

squirrell.e

Reaction score
underwear

my best advice is to purchase a pair of shorts that have like a swimming trunk liner in them, its more comfortable reduces heat and sweat irritation.

as far as swimming trunks are concerned for PRMC they ARE allowed, however for RT you must purchase a pair of ye old gay speedo's

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Gay

MAXPAIN, why did you put a capital at the front of gay, oh wait, that has been explained already, you seem to be trying to seperate...bla bla bla.

Maybe I wasn't trying to remove myself from that 'group' of people. maybe I am gay and I feel 'we' deserve a capital letter to recognize us a band of brothers, a united force of love peace and harmony.

Oh and you meant subconsciously not subliminally they are very very different.

Don't worry Sotiris I was only joking!