Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Underweight for rt

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Dang2696, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Dang2696

Dang2696 New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    I’m due to start rt on Monday, but am currently under weight at 64 kg, should I defer starting even at really late notice? What will happen if I’m underweight at rt medical?

2. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Email your your Careers Adviser and telephone or call in to visit him or her on Monday morning to request a postponement of RT.
    Don't worry about issued rail travel warrants. You will not be in any trouble for postponing at short notice.

Arguably, rocking up to begin RT at 64 kg is a pointless waste of your own and everyone else's time.

You will be weighed at CTCRM and if you are underweight it is most probable that you will promptly be on your way home again. It is one of the most common reasons for NFA (Not Finally Approved) med discharges:

https://www.royalmarines.uk/threads/medical-at-rt.111388/#post-648365

But I am not a Careers Adviser. If one of the qualified adults on this forum spot this hopefully he or she will chip in with more credible advice. @CHUB! or @The guide or @Ninja_Stoker

• Like Like x 1
  3. The guide

The guide Ex RAF, Ex Royal Marines, now RN.! go figure

PM,d user

• Like Like x 1