Update on Diaries

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Guys I screwed up when transferring the diaries over, so unfortunately I can't get them installed on this site without risking the rest of the data.

All of the diaries are still available on prmc2.co.uk if you need to read any. http://prmc2.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=42&sid=75cb69abe11d010b0ee8174c538ed662

If you are the creator of one of the diaries, we would be grateful if you could cut and paste it in a new thread in this section. We will grow this section back up through time.

Apologies for it, my mistake.

GW

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I posted my diary yesterday Greywing, once the new site was up, but it's dissapeared.

It's not on the old site, any way of getting it back? I don't have what I wrote saved.

Thanks.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Hi Mackie,

I will look into it within the next few hours.

All the best

GW

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Mackie, do you know if it was before or after "28 ‎January ‎2008, ‏‎13:38:38" when it was posted, as this is when I last backed things up.

Cheers GW

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I think it was before. Pretty sure I did it early on that morning.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Mackie,

Good news I found it,

Please find below, cut and paste it back to your own post, and I'll delete this thread after.

All the best

GW

'I didn\'t get to Lympstone until after 5pm and arrived with two other guys. My bag was pretty heavy and I was holding it up with my hands from behind my back and this must have looked like I had my hands in my pockets. The Corporal shouted at us from the top of the hill to move our arses and gave me a right dressing down for \'Having your hands in your pockets you little c*text deleted*t!\'\n\nThe first night was quite unsettling, grabbing our combats and boots as quickly as possible before moving to the galley for some scran. Then it was back to the accom before learning how to fall in and then some lectures about the course. The next day would be long and we all got into our kip nice and early.\n\nWoke up on day 2 just after 5.10 - we thought it would be a good idea to get up early - little did we know we would get a bollocking for not sticking to the days schedule and getting up when we were supposed to - 5.45.\n\nShowered and shaved, we got some scran then were back to accom for cleaning the place up then we went to the parade square to learn some drill. After this we changed into our kit for the 3 miler. One bloke decided to pack it in at this point. God knows how you can get down there and not even be prepared for a bit of phys. We were now down to 26 people, two of the original 29 didn\'t even show up!\n\nSo we got to where the 3 miler was, warmed up, and started off. This was hard, it\'s the first phys you\'ll do and people really want to get a good time, so keep up and keep pushing. I got a time of 9.32 for my second mile and a half, and ended up 16th of 26. I was just glad I didn\'t keel-over! Two people didn\'t complete it in under 10.30, and one guy collapsed near the end and had to be rushed to sick-bay (he was still there when we were leaving on the Friday). \n\nBack to accom for changing and then more lectures and scran. Back to accom again for change into PT kit then onto Gym Test 1. One of the guys who failed the 3 miler decided to stay to complete the course anyway, so potential PRMC passes were now at 23, with 24 attending.\n\nBleep test first, make sure you get as much as you can on this because a good score on the cardio can make up for any shortcomings on upper body strength - 11.9 for me. I was always worried about my upper body performance, and got scores of 38 press-ups, 58 sit-ups and 3 pull-ups (slipped off the bar, was quite sure I could make the 6 here).\n\nWas quite dissapointed by this point and started to worry about passing, but I knew I would get through the swimming assessment no problem (although my speedos gave me one hell of a wedgey when I jumped off the board) and was confident of giving it my all on the bottom field the next day. Got changed again, cleaned, ate, the usual. More lectures and lots of really cool stories from the Corporals. We were all getting to know each other by this point and were starting to have a good laugh. Were quite knackered and got our heads down for a brilliant nights sleep.\n\nUp again nice and early, before eating, cleaning and changing into our combats and boots for the bottom field. This is by far the most fun and difficult part of the course, the assault course is great fun, make sure you watch what you\'re told and do it exactly as you are shown, or else you\'ll get a bollocking and be made to do it again. You will need as much energy as possible for the detemination test. So we did the assault course then it was onto the determination test. There isn\'t really much you can say about this, except don\'t give up! If you get through this and are not struggling any more than the rest of the guys your chances of passing are greatly improved.\n\nAfter a shower and getting some of our gear cleaned up we had more food before getting ready for Gym Test 2. If you\'ve made it through the bottom field just grit your teeth and get through this. Some of the team exercises are very tough but you just need to keep going. The thing to remember is that these don\'t last very long and you are being watched so don\'t stop and keep pushing. We then did some sprints which weren\'t too bad, they\'re just trying to sap every last ounce of energy out of you to see if you keep going.\n\nI really wouldn\'t suggest you pin all your hopes on making up for bad upper body strength on day 2 though. Make sure you can do as close to 60 press-ups as possible and get good scores on everything else. The easier you make this for yourself the better. If you\'re anything like me you will have a bit of muscle ache for bottom field and definitely after it. Make sure you prepare properly, and your cardio is very good. Two guys dropped out on the determination test, one of them being the guy who failed the 3 miler and decided to stay. So overall, 22 people passed, 2 stayed and failed, 1 left after the 3 miler, 1 almost died and 1 left before the 3 miler even started!\n\nOverall we had a great group and some of the Corporals did comment on us being not too bad. There were definitely some people who need to do some more work though (me included), so make sure you push past the pain barrier when you\'re training, you WILL get through the PRMC if you prepare enough. If you\'re doing this for any other reasons than wanting to be a soldier you are unlikely to pass training and PRMC will probably open your eyes to this. There are a lot of great things about being in the RM, but above anything, during training you will be cold, wet and hungry, so make sure you want this for the right reasons.