Update

Biggles

Reaction score
Hello all,

Some of you may remember @Chelonian @Ninja_Stoker in particular, a while back I sought advice from you all regarding my application process.

Well its been a hell of a journey.

I was initially TMU for an OCD 'misdiagnosis' and I thought my journey had come to an end. Nevertheless I fought the decision, went through the JSP and took notes on the specific wording and details pertaining to OCD. I spent several hundred pounds to see a private psychiatrist to attempt to have the original diagnosis looked into and hopefully overturned.

After many months of back and forth, compiling reports and paperwork from many different doctors. I won the appeal.

I passed my PJFT + early (due to COVID shaking things up) with a 'strong pass'. All was going well until face to face medical - a previous shoulder issue then came up and was investigated further - as a result another fail and TMU.

I appealed again (apparently permitted for an unrelated separate issue to the first TMU) and my appeal went all the way to the top Navy docs.

Now after almost 2 years of back and forth I have finally been passed.

The lesson in here lads is never give up.

Godspeed

Johnny_Anonie

Reaction score
I was initially TMU for an OCD 'misdiagnosis' and I thought my journey had come to an end. Nevertheless I fought the decision, went through the JSP and took notes on the specific wording and details pertaining to OCD. I spent several hundred pounds to see a private psychiatrist to attempt to have the original diagnosis looked into and hopefully overturned.

After many months of back and forth, compiling reports and paperwork from many different doctors. I won the appeal.
Ironically it was OCD like tendencies that actually helped you here. Well done on securing a successful appeal.

Good luck @Biggles and the hard work starts now.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Haha thanks Johnny! You're not wrong there ;)
Good effort & best of luck.

As stated above, most would've given up at the first hurdle but clearly if it means enough and there's a valid case for appeal, it is worth hanging on in there to get a fair hearing and, in these instances, a favourable outcome.

All I can do is echo the tongue in cheek observation that the only risk in pursuing the second appeal, is potentially confirming the diagnosis of the first

Seriously though, great to hear and hopefully something that will lift the spirits and inspire others to follow.

Biggles

Reaction score
Well lads at least we can safely say rifle cleaning will be right up my street ;) thanks for your kind words all.