Urgent help needed!

Chris92

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i'm training for my PRMC which is in 9 days!
i'm trying to do my press ups in the time limit but every time i do it feels like my shoulders want to give out!
before this i was doing press ups but in sets which was taking me about 5 mins and i was getting 55 as well as 24 pull ups!
( 10 press ups-5 pull ups, 9 press ups-4 pull ups) you get the general idea, but now i've stared doing them in the times i can't!!

i'm starting to get worried about this because my PRMC is only 9 days away and i think it is going to let me down!

so could you give me any tips on what can be done about it please!

cheers
Chris

Gazkane

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Whats the most you've done in the time limit?

Gazkane

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Its not that bad mate, could be a lot worse.

So does that training rountine you give me not work? *text deleted* I've still been doing it, just havn't tried doing press ups in the time limit yet.

Duno what I would do if I were you mate, maybe just try and build up your endurance in your shoulders. One way to do this is to get in a press up position and see how long you can stay in that position without doing a single press up. Your shoulders and arms start burning after awhile.

Chris92

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
oh yeah it works and i do it everyday, but i just can't do them in the time limit.
hows it going for you anyway?
i'll see how it goes and let you know *text deleted*!!

tcsmith88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The strange with me is that, as my signature suggests, I can do 47 in 2 minutes, no problem BUT, and this is a big "BUT"...

That's not consecutively. Once I get to about 30 I've got to take like literally just 2 seconds rest between then try a few more. Not good enough at the moment, I know. But I'm working on it.

Gazkane

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Seems to be doing me alright, I've upped the press ups though, I start off on 13 now. Seems to be getting my endurance up abit aswell, going from one exercise straight to the other without rest.

So do you give up before the 2 mins is up? Because I think you can get in a rest position if you feel like giving up?

Hows the pulls ups coming along?

Chris92

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i'm the same
i get to about 20 then have to take a break, a couple of seconds but as i try and do more the time runs out so i waste time by stopping and that is what worries me about my PRMC, i think that is what is going to let me down!

Chris92

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i go into the rest postion and then try and do more pretty quickly after to get my score up!
i only give up if i collaps on the floor!

my pull ups are fine do 27 in the sets.
one after the other i can do 8-9!
you?

tcsmith88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
If you mean me, mate. It's not because I feel like giving it up, it's literally because I can't physically can't push myself up. To be honest, I think it's just going to be a case of practice makes perfect. Because there's nothing wrong with my stabilizer muscles. Anterior Delts, Triceps etc. Probably something to do with not really concentrating on press-ups for over a year and doing primarily free weight exercises. Also, like I say, I think it's just practice makes perfect and getting back into the swing of things. Been back training properly, with Marines relevance, for 3 weeks now.

I actually find Sit-Ups & Pull-Ups very easy and can comfortably blitz them. As my signature again suggests, I can 74 of the former and 16 of the latter consecutively. Sorry if that sounds a touch cocky. Really not intended that way.

Gazkane

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'd say adrenaline will be pumping at your prmc so your probally be able to knock a few more out.

If I was you though mate I wouldn't push myself too hard so soon before your prmc, You don't want to do yourself an injury before your prmc

Chris92

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i did 35 at RMAD when i wasn't training this hard, so i recon that i might be able to do more that that when i'm at Lympstone!

danny12

Reaction score
Just keep practising them in the time limit mate up until your PRMC. Also on the day hormones will be pumping so you'll perform better.
good luck mate and let us know how you get on!