>>URGENT PRMC QUESTION!<<<

JoePRMC

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hiya everone.. Ive got my PRMC on tuesday and i was just wondering whether you need to wear a suit jacket to travel down in ???

Im wearing a shirt and tie but is it neccesary for the jacket ???

Thanks lads

Joe

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry cant give you a definite answer but from what ive been told suit jacket isnt neccessary but then they go and contradict this on the prmc briefing sheet which confused me also!

MasoN

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Couldn't tell you mate.. but i want to wish you the best of luck, just don't give up, OK?

danslark

Reaction score
had mine last week, and i wore one,it doesn't really matter either way but i think you should try and make yourself smart as possible and take a few extra shirts as well.

Jamie

Reaction score
Yea mate, no requirement for a jacket just make sure your shirts tucked in and your top button is done.
but i do recommend taking a extra shirt as you will be wearing it everytime you go for scran

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
danslark said:
had mine last week, and i wore one,it doesn't really matter either way but i think you should try and make yourself smart as possible and take a few extra shirts as well.
Entirely agree!

Josh

Reaction score
what things do u have to take with you on the prmc :?:

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
POTENTIAL ROYAL MARINES COURSE KIT LIST

1. Bath Towel.
2. Toilet gear, including soap, nail brush, shaving gear, hairbrush, toothbrush and toothpaste.
3. Swimming trunks.
4. Black shoe polish and brushes.
5. Two pairs of thick socks.
6. Smart civilian clothing (including spare underwear) to include jacket, shirt and tie for travelling and for ‘clean’ periods of the course. (CTCRM will provide boots and clothing for the ‘dirty’ periods).
7. Enough cash for sundries (£25 is usually sufficient).
8. A pair of Flip Flops to wear in the showers.
9. Sports Clothing to include at least 2 pairs of running shorts, 2 running vests or T Shirts and a pair of good running shoes (trainers) for PT.

A suitable pair of running trainers. These should not be thin soled fashion trainers but a thick soled, cushioned and supported pair of running shoes that are compatible with the high impact nature of running on a track. Without proper running trainers, the probability of shin splints and injury is increased.

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ninja, where it says
3. Swimming trunks.
on the kit list we get given, is this referring to speedos ie the real skimpy ones like cycle short style and the speedo pants rather than what i would otherwise class as swim shorts??

Cheers,
Lee

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Ninja_Stoker said:
POTENTIAL ROYAL MARINES COURSE KIT LIST

1. Bath Towel.
2. Toilet gear, including soap, nail brush, shaving gear, hairbrush, toothbrush and toothpaste.
3. Swimming trunks.
4. Black shoe polish and brushes.
5. Two pairs of thick socks.
6. Smart civilian clothing (including spare underwear) to include jacket, shirt and tie for travelling and for ‘clean’ periods of the course. (CTCRM will provide boots and clothing for the ‘dirty’ periods).
7. Enough cash for sundries (£25 is usually sufficient).
8. A pair of Flip Flops to wear in the showers.
9. Sports Clothing to include at least 2 pairs of running shorts, 2 running vests or T Shirts and a pair of good running shoes (trainers) for PT.

A suitable pair of running trainers. These should not be thin soled fashion trainers but a thick soled, cushioned and supported pair of running shoes that are compatible with the high impact nature of running on a track. Without proper running trainers, the probability of shin splints and injury is increased.
Some additional stuff people might find useful but its to you ...

A spare towel for showering (so 2 in total) is a good idea as you shower that frequently the one you used that morning will not be dry.
A pair of tracksuit bottoms
At least 2 smart shirts

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Shiloh79 said:
Some additional stuff people might find useful but its to you ...

A spare towel for showering (so 2 in total) is a good idea as you shower that frequently the one you used that morning will not be dry.
A pair of tracksuit bottoms
At least 2 smart shirts
Shiloh, once again- agree entirely with regard the additional items you mention.

The list posted was the "official list", but since you have at least 3-4 showers per day etc. it makes entire sense. You have actually listed almost the exact additional items that I suggest are worth considering, at the pre-PRMC brief. The only additional items mentioned by me are are a spare tee-shirt & shorts.

Josh

Reaction score
cheers lads do you realy have to where a smart jackt though