Urgent question.

JMW123

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Basically i had a phone call from the careers office Yesterday confirming my recruit test on Monday 2nd April. A few hours later i got another call from a close mate whose dad passed away recently asking if i can go to the funeral which is also on Monday 2nd April. The careers office is shut over the weekend so i don't know what to do as i feel bad missing out on the Funeral, but i don't want to be a no show for the recruit test.

Urgent guidance please.

Ryan11

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
just ring them as early as possible on monday morning and let them no the situation. wont be a problem as long as you keep them informed

Ryan

JMW123

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The funeral takes priority, obviously, albeit unusual to receive an invitation to attend one.

Just email your AFCO to request a later date. An email is proof you notified the AFCO in advance: http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/Careers/How-To-Join/Careers-Offices

Then ring the AFCO first thing Monday morning also to ensure it doesn't appear as a "Fail to Attend".
Thank you ninja. Yeah it was an unexpected invite aswell. Should i call the careers office first thing in the morning aswell ?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I would ring as emails may not be checked before the test & a Fail to Attend can otherwise result in an application being binned, due to the volume of 'no shows'.

Many AFCOs get multiple applications from those claiming Jobseekers, with no intention of joining, but wishing to 'prove' they are applying for jobs.

JMW123

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ok thank you, i will call them at 08.30 as soon as they are open. I hope they don't get put off my application about the whole thing.

WelshLad91

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Ok thank you, i will call them at 08.30 as soon as they are open. I hope they don't get put off my application about the whole thing.
Give them a call at 8 mate! My CA said if i ever needed to ring up ring about half hour early because the chances are someone will be in the office. Worth a try mate.

JMW123

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Give them a call at 8 mate! My CA said if i ever needed to ring up ring about half hour early because the chances are someone will be in the office. Worth a try mate.
Will do, cheers buddy !