urine tests

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by chazzyboy122, Dec 3, 2018.

1. chazzyboy122

chazzyboy122 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    i took weak steroids in the pass, regret 2bh

will this be tested in the urine test.

2. MORP

MORP Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    It depends on if the drugs are fully out of your system, if so then there is no way it would show up in your urine.

3. Firedrake

Firedrake Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    The test is used to detect protein levels in the urine, mainly to detect kidney issues I think. First drugs test is in training to my understanding.

This page should give you some info on detection times

http://steroidtips.su/detection.htm

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

A polite request: no text speak on the forum please. The reason for this is because ultimately the forum exists to promote the career aspirations of potential Royal Marines. Clear, conventional language, free of text speak and street slang is important here. Thanks.

Rather than debating how long drugs might be detectable a more productive approach is to be mindful that service policy on drug misuse by serving personnel is one of zero tolerance. Serving personnel of any rank can be subjected to a Compulsory Drugs Test. A failure can and often does lead to dismissal.

But few of us haven't done daft stuff in our lives. What matters is how we crack on in future. One of the Careers Advisers on here is best placed to give you some guidance on this specific topic: @Ninja_Stoker or @CHUB! perhaps. Best of luck.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker .

Whilst we can play the good cop/bad cop thing and the good cop (@CHUB!) is on their hols in the Windies, it would be very easy for me to condemn out of hand but, truth is, people do stupid things and this is one of them.

You'll be tested for recreational & performance-enhancing drugs during Recruit Training, not before. If tested positive, you are out.

There you have it.

If you are a body-builder/gym-bunny/muscle-bosun steroid user, you probably won't pass selection, let alone recruit training...unless you ditch the weights and crack-on with the CV fitness aspects.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1