urm?

U

Unregistered

hi guys,
my name is Andrew, i have got a 1day course that gives you an insight of the RM. could anyone tell me what i am in for and what i will need to acheive. after this i will be given a date for my prmc. will my age affect the performance or anything? i am 16.

thanks

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
That'll be the RMAD...Royal Marines Acquaint Day.

Its basically day 1 from PRMC i.e. 3mile run, press-up test, sit-ups test, pull-up test and the bleep test.

When i did mine, a couple of PTI's came up from Lympstone to take the day and there was a Marine that we all sat down and asked questions about life in the RM's and going on tour.

As for your age i wouldnt have thought it would make much of a difference, peak physical fitness is 17-23.

What are your scores like at the moment?

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
As for your age i wouldnt have thought it would make much of a difference, peak physical fitness is 17-23.

I would question that mate, your peak physical fitness is around 27-28. Problem that most people confuse is that at this age people are carrying more weight for social reasons (married, no time for gym etc) but that's certainly the age at which you feel at your best.

Just have a look at the premiership, guys that keep themselves physically fit are at their best at 25-29

------

Good luck with your course Andrew, 16 is good age and lots of 16 year olds join so don't worry about that, they wouldn't put you through this far if they didn't think you could do it mate.