URNU Interviews

TangoWhisky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Mainly one for @Ninja_Stoker, but asking here so anyone else in the same situation can get help.

After submitting my application to the London URNU, I've been given an interview date. I'm assuming my application will be discussed and paper work filled out, though what else can I expect? Any tips for really acing the interview?

Many thanks,
TangoWhisky

ivywavexxi

Reaction score
Mainly one for @Ninja_Stoker, but asking here so anyone else in the same situation can get help.

After submitting my application to the London URNU, I've been given an interview date. I'm assuming my application will be discussed and paper work filled out, though what else can I expect? Any tips for really acing the interview?

Many thanks,
TangoWhisky
This may be useful to you, it's on the navy forum. And there are a few other threads I've read about it on there.

https://www.navy-net.co.uk/community/threads/bmi-and-eyesight-for-urnu.43657/#post-768334

TangoWhisky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

TangoWhisky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Had my interview today (CO, Chief of the Military Education Committee and a representative from Britannia), think it went quite well. If anybody's interested I was generally asked:
  • Tell the interview panel a bit about yourself.
  • What's the RN up to in 2017.
    • I mentioned HMS Albion and Bulwark and so I was asked how many RM could potentially be axed and what the Corps strength was.
  • Why the Royal Marines?
  • How have you displayed leadership qualities?
  • Why the URNU, not OTC?
  • What particularly interests me about my Uni Course?
  • What interests do I have?
  • What can I bring to the URNU?
That's the gist of what I was asked. I hope that helps anybody in the same position.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M URNU query General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat 6
Pumber21 What's the deal with URNU? Jollies Bar 27
S When to apply at uni, urnu etc ? POC Section 4