US bomb kills 3 Brit soldiers in Afghanistan

NicholasSkamballis

Reaction score
"Britain's Ministry of Defence says three British soldiers were killed in southern Afghanistan when a US aircraft supporting them in a battle against the Taliban dropped a bomb.

The soldiers were on a mission to disrupt Taliban activity north west of Kajaki, in the lawless Helmand province. Two other soldiers were injured.

The incident on Thursday (local time) takes the number of British deaths in Afghanistan since the Taliban was toppled in 2001 to 73.

"Their patrol was attacked by Taliban insurgents and during the intense engagement that ensued, close air support was called in from two US F15 aircraft to repel the enemy," the ministry said in a statement.

"A single bomb was dropped and it is believed the explosion killed all three soldiers, who were declared dead at the scene."

An investigation into the incident has begun"

H00L3Y D4N

Reaction score
jesus christ, what a bunch of numb nuts, cant they do anything right

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
that pisses me off real bad we do all the hard work then they blow us up, there a more of a threat to us than to the enemy

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Guys, mistakes happen in war. There are very few of these incidents but when they do happen it is rarely the pilots fault. The majority of the US forces work very hard and from what I've read most people realise this if they ever end up serving with the americans when they join the corp. There are a lot of idiots there too though and I have no doubt that the british military is a lot more professional overall.

Obviously this is totally tragic and I hope they find out what happened. Also, where did you hear it? Haven't seen it on any websites or tv channels yet.

Gaz the "Taff"

Reaction score
Mistakes may happen in war but *text deleted* me it a red rag to the major pissed off senses. They kill anymore of our guys were going to war with the wrong people. Christ, would'nt surprise me if most of our casualties are from Blue on Blue incidents :evil: a million dollars per pilot to train, a million dollars gone anywhere but the *text deleted*ing pilot!

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Guys are you sure this isn't an old incident?, as we haven't lost any men for a little while.

Plus not always the pilots fault, in all of these incidents there is always an investigation.

One previous investigation found that a guy on the ground had given the pilot his own co-ordinates to bomb. If it wasn't so tragic it would be funny. He was an American calling in an American fast jet.

What I'd like to know is where is the big c130 Gun Ships that came out when the war in Afghanistan started. They were all in the news paper in 2001 and not been heard of since, very strange because that was some air power, very accurate as well.

GW

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I think this is old news. Nothing in the papers/channels/websites.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
This BBC news item is updated whenever there are British military casualties in Afghanistan.

I've certainly heard nothing in the news myself. You have to be extremely careful making unconfirmed statements about overheard rumours on t'internet due to the "Google Effect" which causes untold misery and distress for the families of those serving out there.

Imagine if your Mum was reading this thread & you were out there.

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
NicholasSkamballis said:
The incident on Thursday (local time) takes the number of British deaths in Afghanistan since the Taliban was toppled in 2001 to 73.

Definitely old, the current toll is 86. I think this is the incident that happened in August last year.

Give yourself a slap mate!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
To be honest, it's an easy thing to do- I did it on another Forum & had a rant about a news item on a link. When I looked back at the link, it was about 4 years old! :eek:ops:

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Yep it's easy to do, I wasn't concerned about the post on the forum, I just thought we'd lost some more men.

So no issues Nic

All the best

GW

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
GreyWing said:
What I'd like to know is where is the big c130 Gun Ships that came out when the war in Afghanistan started. They were all in the news paper in 2001 and not been heard of since, very strange because that was some air power, very accurate as well.

GW

i thought they were sent to somalia last year?