US Elections

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Well, tonights the big night. Not sure if you lads have been keeping an eye on the situation in the States. Obama has a slight lead in the polls but its going to be close. Any predictions?

Also, do you think the outcome will have a major impact on us (by us i mean the British forces mainly)

Keep this clean lads, its a tricky subject.

Luke

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i think alot of stupid people will vote for him purely based on the colour of his skin to create a significant moment in history that wont really make any difference in the long run, unless he decides to become an evil dictator with a plan to persecute all whites for the slavery thing...doubtfull perhaps.. i personally think he is very inexperienced, self motivated and i estimate a 60% chance of assassination, there are people in places like tennessee and alabama that will not stand for a black president.

I dont know much about john mcain other than he has been involved with the running of the country for as long as bush has been in power... and as much as he hasnt done much wrong, he hasnt done much right either.

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Obama has pledged for the withdrawl of forces so the implications would be quite large. Personally prefer Obama over Mcain.

Think Obama will win as he has quite a good lead *text deleted*, but who knows.

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
considering he's spend 20 times more on his advertising campaign i think he will probably win.

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Obamas Grandmother died of cancer tonight bless her, i wonder if he will get the sympathy vote?

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
obama's aunt got busted for being an illegal immigrant... im SURE she will get deported back to her own country.. cough.

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
It was double he spent actually... and i think he prefer him dont know why, and yes his grandmother died... she brought him up so that must be really hard for him...

JoeSmith

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i think alot of stupid people will vote for him purely based on the colour of his skin to create a significant moment in history

Nah *text deleted* say different, i think that because he's black he won't get in, also he says about taking the troops out of Afganistan. I don't think he actually will as there needed there for peacekeeping etc taking them out now would just be a waste of money in my opinion.
And them soldiers would of died for nothing

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Depends on the way you view it really, could be said we are wasting money being there and they are dying for nothing anyway...

We shall see if he gets in or not, i dont know if he will lose due to his colour if that is the reason it would show how Americans are still very racist.

JoeSmith

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah suppose, I do believe he will get in i don't really know much about either of them except mccain is pretty old and has military experience and been in politics for quite a while.
And Obama has only been in politics for about 12 years which to me seems ages but it's not supposedly:S
And yeah i'm not like saying all of America is racist but i'm saying quite a few are like in them redneck places.
Not to sound too stereotypical

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I do not know an awful lot either to be honest with you but from what i have seen of each i prefer Obama. I understand that in certain states there is still a lot of racism and that is terrible. It is also very strange as America is always first to jump to other peoples aid for whatever reason no matter there race.

JoeSmith

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I guess, but I think the Presidents like doing stuff like that and going to war how horrible it is.
I believe that they like to show that they have the power and to show other countries that if a war started they would win!
It was on the news a couple of days ago about the American people going off about how they don't do enough for the people and spend too much money on weapon development and stuff

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
I read last night that John Mcain was tortured in Vietnam, and he was hung by his arms and now cant lift his arms above his shoulders.

:nunu:

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I read last night that John Mcain was tortured in Vietnam, and he was hung by his arms and now cant lift his arms above his shoulders.

:nunu:

Thats true, he has a very bad back because of that. He can't wave at people and i bet he is crap at calling for a cab on the street.

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
also he says about taking the troops out of Afganistan. I don't think he actually will as there needed there for peacekeeping etc taking them out now would just be a waste of money in my opinion.
And them soldiers would of died for nothing

There will always be conflict in the middle east and there is never anything to gain from dying.

in war,
victory should be
swift.
if victory is slow

men tire
morale sags
sieges
exhaust strength
protracted campaigns
strain the public treasury

This even the wisest will be powerless to mend.

Nacnud

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
^NO

McCain must not win!

Not saying he's bad, or evil or anything, but that taxes are beneficial to society as a whole, and that people that can afford to be taxed should be taxed.

Also, Obama will be imposing a kind of NHS on America, while McCain will not. This is something that is needed, because there have been cases of people dying because from untreated illnesses because they could not afford such treatment.

Also, Obama is going to pull the vast majority of US military out of Iraq, and I'm with him on this because *text deleted* the war in iraq has no point really. What are we achieving? More dead al quada = more angry al quada and more of them. Iraq would have probably been better off with Saddam Hussein still in power, as the country really has descended into chaos after he got hung. If anything US needs to focus on Afghanistan.

McCain's running mate and potential vice president Sarah Palin is an absolute dumbass, she doesn't know how to run a country at all, and she has to resort to winking to get more votes.. how pathetic.

Gazkane

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Remember lads politicians will promise you the world to get your vote, Delivering what they promise is a different thing.

AdmiralAwesome

Reaction score
Nacnud...

I was under the impression that Iraq had improved significantly with the troop surge? Seriously, do some research on the current security situation.

It makes me laugh that Obama talks about change constantly, yet in his time as a Senator, he hasn't authored a single Bill. McCain has authored dozens.

Anyway, you know what it's like. Who ever wins, no one will be happy. Everyone will hate them. Even the Obama supporters after a few years will hate him, even if he doesen't majorly cock anything up.

My money is on McCain, literally. £40 with a mate. Made the bet months ago when I was drunk... but I think I'm in with a good chance of losing!

New Threads