US Informant confesses to WMD Lies

Mozdog

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/feb/15/curveball-iraqi-fantasist-cia-saddam (apologies, couldn't find another source)

So it seems that Rafid Ahmed Alwan, codenamed Curveball, the lad who told US intelligence all about Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction, has come clean and admitted it was all a lie.
The US must be feeling pretty embarrassed that this guy has spoken out and made them all look like idiots.
Thoughts, anyone?

Wilke

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/feb/15/curveball-iraqi-fantasist-cia-saddam (apologies, couldn't find another source)

So it seems that Rafid Ahmed Alwan, codenamed Curveball, the lad who told US intelligence all about Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction, has come clean and admitted it was all a lie.
The US must be feeling pretty embarrassed that this guy has spoken out and made them all look like idiots.
Thoughts, anyone?
Hmm, it's more than one year old.

I don't intend to be mean but maybe you should write an introduction about yourself? It's a tiny bit suspicious that someones first post is a US-bashing one!

Mozdog

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hah, feel a tad embarrassed having looked at the date. I saw it on my news feed this morning, and on the tail end of this documentary about an hour ago, assumed it was new.
Sure mate, I'll write up an introduction, I've had this username registered ages and never really got around to doing more than just lurking.

Poley123

Reaction score
The US was most likely going to invade anyways. that was just our excuse. and before you go US bashing, just remember, The UK is the US' best ally and vice versa.

C

C

no-longer-validshowthread.php?t=48739[/url]

Link to the documentary there.

jamie_82

Reaction score
I already knew this. I watched the film Green Zone haha
As for bashing the yanks.....i'll happily bash the yanks but not the ones in uniform. Respect to all who risk their life for country.
Peace.

Mozdog

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
The US was most likely going to invade anyways. that was just our excuse. and before you go US bashing, just remember, The UK is the US' best ally and vice versa.
I'm not bashing the yanks mate, I've got no disrespect for them as a country, I just think that they should've maybe had a bit more foresight when launching a war that they knew they were dragging their allies into. I'm not anti-war of course, else I wouldn't be looking to join the Marines, I'm just not in favour wars without any legitimate reason. I'd always support the men on the ground, but we shouldn't send them where they're not needed.
Afghan is a totally different kettle of fish, but Iraq starts to look more and more like a huge mistake as the years roll on. Nothing's changed for the better since we went in, and it's still not getting better now we're gone.