Using different treadmills

AreJay

Reaction score
Lads just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

In my gym i cant complete the return run on the 4.8k yet, i stick it On 15kph and althought i can last longer and longer i'm still not able to complete the whole thing but here's the twist... Yesterday i went to a different gym and used there treadmills which are technogym touch screen ones, and i done 5k - 2% incline in 21:18, alternating between 14kph and 15kph and wacking it up to 16-18kph for the last bit.

I can't see how my times can be that different on two different treadmills.. any one else had this? My friend runs the gym i done the 5k at and he says he had them calibrated monthly.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Lads just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

In my gym i cant complete the return run on the 4.8k yet, i stick it On 15kph and althought i can last longer and longer i'm still not able to complete the whole thing but here's the twist... Yesterday i went to a different gym and used there treadmills which are technogym touch screen ones, and i done 5k - 2% incline in 21:18, alternating between 14kph and 15kph and wacking it up to 16-18kph for the last bit.

I can't see how my times can be that different on two different treadmills.. any one else had this? My friend runs the gym i done the 5k at and he says he had them calibrated monthly.

Could be the belt stretching. Although the machine is calibrated there’s still things that can affect it with old treadmills.

I worked in a gym before the corps and the treadmills were pretty old. And although they got a 6month service there was a slight difference between them and newer ones.

It could be purely mental too. You can manage it on the other ones, try it again and smash it.

AreJay

Reaction score
Could be the belt stretching. Although the machine is calibrated there’s still things that can affect it with old treadmills.

I worked in a gym before the corps and the treadmills were pretty old. And although they got a 6month service there was a slight difference between them and newer ones.

It could be purely mental too. You can manage it on the other ones, try it again and smash it.
Yeah I just can't get my head around it, i did think about the mental side of it but my time is so much different on one from the other, 14 on the one in my mates gym feels like 12.5 on the one in mine,

Thanks mate, will be training on both so as long as my times get better it shouldnt be a problem.

New Threads