Vaccinations and the Royal Navy - all you need to know.

Discussion in 'Stickies/Frequently Asked Questions' started by Ninja_Stoker, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

Below is a document issued to all those joining the Naval Service.

Questions?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. cc1

cc1 RAF Commando Officer (former RM)

Why do I seem to have my Yellow Fever jab everytime I walk into sickbay?

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

Dunno, maybe it has a short period of immunisation, but I thought the same. In fact you can't visit some countries by air if you don't have a yellow fever vaccination certificate in your passport. Perhaps @The guide can illuminate?

4. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  5. The guide

The guide Royal Marines Commando

Same as civvy street ref times.!!.The only reason i could think you "get jabbed" on each visit is you have no certificate , which is yours to keep alongside your passport. This is particularly pertinent for any USA trips as military or they may just bar you entering.

Over jabbing also has guidelines as to timings , so if you have say had it every 2-3 years i would mention it - as it quite easily could be human error when inputing as it all relies and coding . and if the wrong number put in the system..you will keep getting it.!!..until a diligent person notes the issue..but the recalls are automated to align the system.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Certain African countries demand a yellow fever cert before issuing a Visa. No cert? No visa.

I am sure I had an issue with jabs once, it was human error and picked up by a switched on bootneck MA, it turned out I had 1 jab but never got the follow up. So needed the first and then a follow up. As far as i can remember.