Vegetarianism?

PRMBenjey1993

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I was just wondering if there were any vegetarians knocking about, and how they think they'll fare in RT and afterwards.
Or if there are any currently in RT, or have passed out, how is it? Just I'm sure there's only one veggy rat pack, would get a bit mundane..

MacheteMeetsBiscuit

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
An eccentric mate reckons he can get into the FFL on a Fruitarian diet. It involves fresh fruit and nothing else. No protein, just vits and carbs. He'll see reality the second he arrives and realises it's not all singing and Kepi Blanc.

Vegetarianism might be OK if you work a mundane job and want to 'save the world' but the demands on a Royal Marine, or arguably the even higher physical demands on a nod, are simply too high for veggies to get by. Maybe 1 or 2 have passed out but it's not a sensible thing to do with the lifestyle you'll be leading. And I wouldn't recommend it to civvies in our position either because many of us are doing 2 phys sessions a day, 5-6 days a week, and our bodies NEED good solid nutrition.

Eyebrows

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure I agree Machete. I personally eat meat. But there are many different diets that people say work. Scott Jurek (one of the best ultra-runners in the world) is a vegitarian and this guy runs hundreds of miles. And I know a couple of guys who are veggies and are pretty big (muscle wise).

PRMBenjey1993

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I myself am not a vegetarian, was just wondering
I've never heard of a fruitarian haha
there are these weird people called rawists aswell, don't eat anything cooked because it's poisonous or something

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Doubtless it's been achieved during RT but I'd guess substantially fewer Recruits, if they're honest, manage to complete RT remaining totally vegetarian due to the huge amount of calories needed.