Very annoyed about PJFT!

Blanio

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, did my PJFT on the 11/08/08. Wasn't worried about it at all as i'm always running 1.5 milers and 3 milers and knew I could get a time of around early nine minutes. However, the bloke that conducted it with me decided that he was going to control the treadmill and therefore I didn't have a say in what speed I was going - I wasn't happy *text deleted*. Another mistake he made was putting my weight into the treadmill as 100kg...when i'm only 63kg and I was told this would have made things alot harder. He banged the speed up to 16.1 kmph straight away...and then towards the end he slowed it right down to 13/14 kmph!

In conclusion, I came out with a time of 9.42...which to be quite honest is poor and i'm now going to have eyes glued on me at PRMC!

Word of advice for anyone who is going to do their PJFT soon...make sure they let you control the treadmill speed!

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I don't see how weight would make any difference, 16 kph is still 16 kph however much pie you've been eating.

At the end of the day mate, the instructor was a civvy, you should have just said "no mate, I'm having it at this speed!" and whacked it up.

I just did the speed myself. I started at 14.5 for about 3 mins, then put it on 16, then whacked it on 18.5 for the last minute, which was interesting!!

Rob 1984

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
happy about PJFT

yo dude i didnt think the time mattered as long as its below 10.00 mins. I finished my test in 10.00 mins dead and that was a big achievement for me. When my careers advisor phoned me up to talk about a date for PRMC he said it was great news and just improve on the work i have already done. I hope they dont look down at you on PRMC for a low PJFT time.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Ah well, the main thing is you passed. Well done.

Generally you need to try & maintain 16kph for as long as possible and ensure the speed doesn't drop below 14.4kph in order to gain a reasonable pass.

The good news is that the PJFT will be changing soon I reckon. There's nothing confirmed yet, but it will probably consist of two 1.5 mile runs on a treadmill, thus mimicking the 3mile run on PRMC.

When you consider that 75% of PRMC fails occur on the 3 mile run, you can see the logic in changing the PJFT to match. It hasn't happened yet, but we wait with interest...

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
In conclusion, I came out with a time of 9.42...which to be quite honest is poor and i'm now going to have eyes glued on me at PRMC!
No they're not, I don't think they really care, you passed it. Besides you know you can do better anyway.

GL.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i went for my pjft and i asked the guy if he could put it up to a certain speed at a certain point.. and he said no because its not allowed and its basically like him telling me how to run..

i was under the impression it wasn't allowed

Gorillawizard

Reaction score
To be honest you should go to your afco and complain about them setting the speed for you. Or when your there and they tell you not to touch the speed then just jump off and phone your afco. You should be able to run how you want to!

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Ah well, the main thing is you passed. Well done.

Generally you need to try & maintain 16kph for as long as possible and ensure the speed doesn't drop below 14.4kph in order to gain a reasonable pass.

The good news is that the PJFT will be changing soon I reckon. There's nothing confirmed yet, but it will probably consist of two 1.5 mile runs on a treadmill, thus mimicking the 3mile run on PRMC.

When you consider that 75% of PRMC fails occur on the 3 mile run, you can see the logic in changing the PJFT to match. It hasn't happened yet, but we wait with interest...
Well that means it's actually harder, but this is likely to cut the failures at the PRMC and save time and money.

How will it be conducted though? One 1.5 miler in under 10 minutes and then 1.5 miler best time?

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Mate you've passed thats the main thing, I Wouldnt be complaining anyway christ!..

Congrats and good luck with the rest of the hard work to come!..

Blanio

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah cheers for your replies guys.

The instructer also expected me to be doing press ups and sit ups...I just said, no it's a 1.5 mile run and thats it.

Nevermind, like you guys said, at least I passed. Just going to really nuckle down for my PRMC which should be in October sometime.

Just a quick one for Ninja, don't suppose you could tell me any PRMC dates within October could you? Appreciate your time.

Thanks, Blanio.

Rob 1984

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Blanio we might be on the same prmc cause i was told end of october, not confirmed yet though.