Views on Swimming and Cycling

ERFC

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just wondered what your views were on adding swimming and cycling training in during the week. Thought about starting to do a 30 minute swim once a week and increasing the time every week while also upping the intensity to include sets of butterfly and front crawl.

Moreover, I just wondered if anyone had any suggestions on any effective cycling routines. I try to normally ride every Sunday with my club where we cycle between 40-75 miles which range in difficulty in terms of elevation. Just want to build my muscular endurance in my legs so they don't give up on me on the endurance course!

Rob20

Royal Marines Commando Moderator
Reaction score
Swimming is good every now and then. Had to do a 20 minute session today with work being a lifeguard. Managed to do just over a half mile and was blowong at the end. Swimming is a good substitute but unfortunately for me always seem to cramp up in my feet or calves when swimming. Damn. But definitely add it in maybe once a fortnight

Frankie11

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Go for it, do both! Just make sure you're adding them in as extras to your running rather than replacing your running.