Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Virtual PJFT+ Trial

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Lockerz2112, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Commando2912

Commando2912 Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Aww cheers man, th
    aww cheers man that’s literally calmed me right down reading that, yeah I’ll get back on how I get on! Cheers again for taking the time to write all that mate, the best !

• Like Like x 1
  2. redmotive

redmotive Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    I messed up here. This is a replacement purely for the PJFT. Instead of PMRC there will be the new Recruit Orientation Phase (ROP) which will have a Commando Aptitude Assessment at the end of the 4th week, which will have elements of the PRMC test embedded within it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Private_Ryan

Private_Ryan Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I guess when you're Breathing out your backside any extra time is a blessing! Not that I was ;)

4. Soap_TNDO

Soap_TNDO Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    What are people using to keep their feet planted when doing the sit ups?

5. Quenners

Quenners Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    The missus! Or a sofa/armchair. It says in the guidelines to use a family member standing on your feet, base of a sofa or sit up bar

• Like Like x 1
  6. sts2020

sts2020 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Recently passed my vpjft+ as well. The tips mentioned here were very helpful so cheers for that.

Just wanted to add another point as I noticed it during mine.
    • If you are using your phone as the device to play the audio during the test, make sure to download the audio file and then put your phone in airplane mode. This will help prevent any calls, messages and other distractions while the audio is playing.
    Hope this helps. Goodluck to those attempting it soon!

• Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  7. Saracen1

Saracen1 Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Good tip sts2020, just 24 hours to late to post - I set up the audio track for my son yesterday and Sod’s Law a message pinged in part way through!

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  8. Biggles

Biggles Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Hi lads got my test on Monday - might be a silly question but.. did you guys all shave etc ? Rocking a little lockdown stubble - nothing castaway like but still - treat it same as an interview I'm thinking and get rid!!

9. sts2020

sts2020 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Hey mate, I did shave before mine (not that i had much to shave off). And although the PTI who took my test kept the conversation very casual and relaxed, I'd still recommend turning up smart. Since you've already put in all the effort physically to prepare for the test anyway. Hope that helps. Good luck Monday!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Biggles

Biggles Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Thanks mate I will do that ! Did you end up doing the 4 rounds also?

11. sts2020

sts2020 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Yes mate, he asked if I could do a 4th round at the end and I said yes and completed it. He did mention beforehand that the standard to pass the test is 3 complete rounds, so the 4th round was just to check on overall fitness.

12. Harry McRunFast

Harry McRunFast Valuable Contributor

Probably a pretty stupid question but is it hard? I’ve not practiced it yet as I’ve had to wait for some equipment (foot hold, mat etc)?

Cheers.

13. sts2020

sts2020 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I guess that depends on ones fitness level. I'll be honest though mate, the first time I tried it was after a 3 mile run thinking "it's just another bodyweight circuit" I ended up struggling on the last round. After that I planned my training accordingly and did at least 5 practice runs before booking the actual test. And on my final few practice runs I aimed to complete 4 rounds and also filmed myself to double check my form (highly recommend this so you don't have any dramas on test day). And before test day I had a complete 1-2 days rest to be fresh and recovered for the day.

As for equipment etc, you can still give it a go indoors. Just use a sofa as a foothold for the sit-ups. Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Smurfy0103

Smurfy0103 Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Your not at all mate, 4 and 18 are the ones! even if its just a millisecond its enough to knock your tempo

15. Biggles

Biggles Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Looking forward to cracking on with the test Monday! Have a good weekend all.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Harry McRunFast

Harry McRunFast Valuable Contributor

Thanks mate appreciate it. It looks like a test of muscular endurance more than anything.

I’ll let you chaps know how I get on, good luck to everyone yet to take it!

• Like Like x 1
  17. smashlegs

smashlegs Active Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    It’s the complete opposite end of the spectrum than the PJFT, and it will catch a lot of people out, mainly lads who are whippets at running but lack with regards to UpperBody conditioning, especially in the shoulders I find. The opposite could be said about the PJFT though.

I personally like it because it tests areas that you are going to use all the time.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Mattys

Mattys Veteran Contributor

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Just finished the 2nd 3x 1600m this week bit gutted as I didn’t time the 1st set today and the first 2/4 laps of the 400m really did feel like I shifted and shot my wod to soon so wouldn’t been interesting to see what the time was next 2 sets were just in the 10min rage.

I feel great going to test the 2x 1.5 mile on Monday just for distance see how I manage that.

19. Mattys

Mattys Veteran Contributor

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Oops wrong post *text deleted*

20. Tractors

Tractors New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Sorry to revive this thread but just wanted to ask a quick question on the vpjft, how long did you guys wait before being booked onto one, been waiting for about a month now and just wanted to know how that compared with you guys. Is this standard?