Virtual PJFT+ Trial

Commando2912

Reaction score
Aww cheers man, th
Cheers, Commando2912!

Some more tips here mate:
  • I had a very light break coffee (black, no sugar) a Bagel with jam)about an hour / 1.5 hour before. Did not want anything heavy on the stomach.
  • Get a good nights kip! Disconnect from tech an hour or 2 before bed, calm your mind and try not to think about the exam
  • Wear something that will not restrict your shoulders - i wore a tight fitting vest, similar style to what the PTIs wear.
  • Wear shorts - it will keep you cool!
  • Make sure your footwear is laced up nice and tight so they do not come loose when you are performing burpees
  • Keep your knees together when performing sit-ups! Having them split makes reps more difficult.
  • Control your breathing! Especially on the sit-ups / plank. With sit-ups, I exhale as i go to the up position. With the plank, keep your core tight and keep breathing, nice and controlled.
  • Burpees - follow the audio tape - some numbers eg: 17 are longer to say which will earn you nanoseconds of additional rest time.
Visualise smashing it. Wake up and visualise completing the test. Watch some RM vids or listen to something motivating before hand (if you have to).

Hope these additional tips help, mate. Let us know how you get on. You'll smash it.
aww cheers man that’s literally calmed me right down reading that, yeah I’ll get back on how I get on! Cheers again for taking the time to write all that mate, the best !

redmotive

Reaction score
Definitely seems easier overall though more endurance focused, akin to HIIT (high intensity interval training) if you will. No pull-ups and no running though but still, this regime may give a better impression of overall fitness than meets the eye. If this becomes permanent, with maybe another round or so to top it off, then the results will be evident in the drop-out rates.
I messed up here. This is a replacement purely for the PJFT. Instead of PMRC there will be the new Recruit Orientation Phase (ROP) which will have a Commando Aptitude Assessment at the end of the 4th week, which will have elements of the PRMC test embedded within it.

Private_Ryan

Reaction score
Hahaha I thought it was just me that thought that though I was crazy, I just keep thinking “4 and 18 is like a 1 second break” haha
I guess when you're Breathing out your backside any extra time is a blessing! Not that I was ;)

Soap_TNDO

Reaction score
What are people using to keep their feet planted when doing the sit ups?

sts2020

Reaction score
Technical Prep.
  • Primary Recording Kit
  • Backup Recording Kit (Very important)
  • Bluetooth / wireless Speakers (to play the track out loud for yourself and the examiner to hear - and for anyone walking by to take a seat and watch you sweat for 20 mins)
  • Headset / Earphones (for speaking about anything private)
Recently passed my vpjft+ as well. The tips mentioned here were very helpful so cheers for that.

Just wanted to add another point as I noticed it during mine.
  • If you are using your phone as the device to play the audio during the test, make sure to download the audio file and then put your phone in airplane mode. This will help prevent any calls, messages and other distractions while the audio is playing.
Hope this helps. Goodluck to those attempting it soon!

Saracen1

Reaction score
Good tip sts2020, just 24 hours to late to post - I set up the audio track for my son yesterday and Sod’s Law a message pinged in part way through!

Biggles

Reaction score
Hi lads got my test on Monday - might be a silly question but.. did you guys all shave etc ? Rocking a little lockdown stubble - nothing castaway like but still - treat it same as an interview I'm thinking and get rid!!

sts2020

Reaction score
Hi lads got my test on Monday - might be a silly question but.. did you guys all shave etc ? Rocking a little lockdown stubble - nothing castaway like but still - treat it same as an interview I'm thinking and get rid!!
Hey mate, I did shave before mine (not that i had much to shave off). And although the PTI who took my test kept the conversation very casual and relaxed, I'd still recommend turning up smart. Since you've already put in all the effort physically to prepare for the test anyway. Hope that helps. Good luck Monday!

Biggles

Reaction score
Thanks mate I will do that ! Did you end up doing the 4 rounds also?

sts2020

Reaction score
Thanks mate I will do that ! Did you end up doing the 4 rounds also?
Yes mate, he asked if I could do a 4th round at the end and I said yes and completed it. He did mention beforehand that the standard to pass the test is 3 complete rounds, so the 4th round was just to check on overall fitness.

Harry McRunFast

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Probably a pretty stupid question but is it hard? I’ve not practiced it yet as I’ve had to wait for some equipment (foot hold, mat etc)?

Cheers.

sts2020

Reaction score
Probably a pretty stupid question but is it hard? I’ve not practiced it yet as I’ve had to wait for some equipment (foot hold, mat etc)?

Cheers.
I guess that depends on ones fitness level. I'll be honest though mate, the first time I tried it was after a 3 mile run thinking "it's just another bodyweight circuit" I ended up struggling on the last round. After that I planned my training accordingly and did at least 5 practice runs before booking the actual test. And on my final few practice runs I aimed to complete 4 rounds and also filmed myself to double check my form (highly recommend this so you don't have any dramas on test day). And before test day I had a complete 1-2 days rest to be fresh and recovered for the day.

As for equipment etc, you can still give it a go indoors. Just use a sofa as a foothold for the sit-ups. Hope this helps.

Smurfy0103

Reaction score
I caught onto some of the bleeps being a tad longer, I found 4 and 18 put me out of sync on burpees, perhaps I'm just thinking too technical.
Your not at all mate, 4 and 18 are the ones! even if its just a millisecond its enough to knock your tempo

Harry McRunFast

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I guess that depends on ones fitness level. I'll be honest though mate, the first time I tried it was after a 3 mile run thinking "it's just another bodyweight circuit" I ended up struggling on the last round. After that I planned my training accordingly and did at least 5 practice runs before booking the actual test. And on my final few practice runs I aimed to complete 4 rounds and also filmed myself to double check my form (highly recommend this so you don't have any dramas on test day). And before test day I had a complete 1-2 days rest to be fresh and recovered for the day.

As for equipment etc, you can still give it a go indoors. Just use a sofa as a foothold for the sit-ups. Hope this helps.
Thanks mate appreciate it. It looks like a test of muscular endurance more than anything.

I’ll let you chaps know how I get on, good luck to everyone yet to take it!

smashlegs

Reaction score
Thanks mate appreciate it. It looks like a test of muscular endurance more than anything.

I’ll let you chaps know how I get on, good luck to everyone yet to take it!
It’s the complete opposite end of the spectrum than the PJFT, and it will catch a lot of people out, mainly lads who are whippets at running but lack with regards to UpperBody conditioning, especially in the shoulders I find. The opposite could be said about the PJFT though.

I personally like it because it tests areas that you are going to use all the time.

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Just finished the 2nd 3x 1600m this week bit gutted as I didn’t time the 1st set today and the first 2/4 laps of the 400m really did feel like I shifted and shot my wod to soon so wouldn’t been interesting to see what the time was next 2 sets were just in the 10min rage.

I feel great going to test the 2x 1.5 mile on Monday just for distance see how I manage that.

Tractors

Reaction score
Sorry to revive this thread but just wanted to ask a quick question on the vpjft, how long did you guys wait before being booked onto one, been waiting for about a month now and just wanted to know how that compared with you guys. Is this standard?