Virtual Reality: From Gaming To Royal Marines Training

OddPikeFromCrimsonCity.

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I think it’s a PR stunt. I honestly can’t see them going aw don’t worry lads you aren’t going on exercise in senny bridge anymore instead you’re all *text deleted* have a shot on the QMs Nintendo Wii
If this is the case I would sure hope that the consol is a bit better than something that launched in 2006

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
How are you trained ranks feeling about this?
Don’t know why I missed this. Total gash. Waste of money.
We already had SAT range which was the big waste of time and money but at least you had actual weapons to plug in to ensure proper weapons handling drills. It had its place within training but I didn’t use one for years because they were a joke and a waste of time.

Total gimmick, absolute horseturd. That money and effort could have better spent elsewhere.

They tried to make us sit through a god awful video game gimmick at Leconfield. It was awful, no one was interested or put any effort in.

Nothing replaces range time, actual hands on the weapons in various environments and conditions.

Advocado

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
They lost me at 0:26 when he took his left hand off of the belt and it stayed on the gun rather than falling off.

Tegridy_terry

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Just seems they’re upgrading the SAT range.... which never gets used. So I can’t see this being any different. A novel idea and probably fun to mess about with for half hour but that’s it.