Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

visa conversion while still in the UK

Discussion in 'Overseas Section' started by Zuluboy, Nov 7, 2019 at 3:35 PM.

1. Zuluboy

Zuluboy New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Hello Everyone

I am a south african applicant. I passed my CPE (PJFT) which was held in pretoria in south africa in march. I had to put on 6kg in order to be heavy enough to qualify for PRMC. i have achieved this and have my medical on the 13th of november. once i pass this i will go into PRMC within the month.

My question is this, we were told to come over on a visitors visa and should we pass the PRMC the MOD will assist with changing our visa from a visitor visa to a working visa in order for us to remain here and begin training, have any of the commonwealth guys that have passed the prmc been through the same process and was it successful?

any input or advice will be greatly appreciated

2. Claddagh

Claddagh Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Hi.
    Once you are in training you hand your passport in along with 2 photos. My son's took about 4 weeks before it returned with the exemption in it.
    Painless. You just have to make sure to get it in.
    Good luck! Vasbyt!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Zuluboy

Zuluboy New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Ah thank you!

That is a major relief. I started having my doubts when I got to border control and they didn't want to let me through based on me having a 1 way ticket but a visitor visa.
    They said that I won't be able to convert the visa while in the UK but they were also not 100% sure about the process with regard to the RMC.

4. Zuluboy

Zuluboy New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    En dankie. Altyd Vasbyt!

5. Claddagh

Claddagh Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Lucky you got through! It's not a conversion of the visa so don't stress. It's an exemption.

Good luck! Wrap up warm and do your very very best every day! Don't let your training slip in between stages whilst waiting to get into training!!

6. Zuluboy

Zuluboy New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    As long as I don't have to go back to South Africa and reapply for another visa I'm happy. That would be a massive headache and waste of money.

I'm trading about 4 hours a day in total while I wait for medical. Make sure I crush PRMC

• Like Like x 1
  7. Claddagh

Claddagh Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Good stuff. Work on your endurance. All round fitness. Obviously you need to get the best results for PRMC but don't neglect your over all 'bedonnerheid' :)
    If you are on a 6 month visa you will be fine.

Good luck! Let is know how it goes