Vitamins in RT

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I was just wondering if you can bring Vitamins / supplements for general good body care with you into RT. I heard you can bring doctor prescribed medication if it's needed but nothing else.

I personally take multi viatamins every morning, and other supplements such as zinc, iron, and Glucosamine for healthy joints, as well as glutamine to help build muscle tissue. Anyone thing this will pose a problem ?.

Vowlesy

Reaction score
As far I know... they say its a waste since the food is really really well planned and balanced and contains everything you need but I havn't heard you CANT take anything just that it'd be a waste of time?Money?Effort??

RC

Reaction score
Ty said:
I was just wondering if you can bring Vitamins / supplements for general good body care with you into RT. I heard you can bring doctor prescribed medication if it's needed but nothing else.

I personally take multi viatamins every morning, and other supplements such as zinc, iron, and Glucosamine for healthy joints, as well as glutamine to help build muscle tissue. Anyone thing this will pose a problem ?.
I took Multi-Vitamins and Fish oil with me. I presume my Copral had seen them in my locker due to the number of times he took my phone from my locker for not locking it :*text deleted*:. He never said anything about it.

I could be wrong on this but I'm pretty sure you can get protein powder from the NAFFI. You can certainly buy energy drinks / carbohydrate gels / protein bars etc.

So, I cant see any problems with the supplements you have mentioned. It's probably best you find out for certain though.

Ninja may have the info ?

Rich.

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
can you get protein sent into you?

*text deleted* i get some pretty nice tasting stuff

Brucey1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
a few people have told me to get glucosamine for my joints. however , i'm a bit clueless when it comes to all this, and there's so many different types and mg's per tablet etc. anyone know of the good ones and where best to get them?? any help would be much appreciated. cheers

biggnick

Reaction score
I have used glucosamine sulphate before. you can get it from holland and barrets. not sure on how much it costs though. I might take some of this down as it is pretty good, but I read that we aren't aloud to take any kind of medication down. does this count as medication?

rogue royal

Royal Marine Commando
Reaction score
here is my view on the subject.

When I was in training I never saw anybody taking suppliments i.e powders, energy drinks and vitanins etc etc.

I feel that as long as you eat a very balanced diet and you look after your body you will find that your body will provide you with all the right things that it needs.

If you start taking all of these potions then your body will start to rely on these and begin to cut back on the natural process.

if you want to take anything for your joints then take natural oils like fish oil or cod liver oil its good for brain power too.

just my slant on the whole thing.

Rogue.

biggnick

Reaction score
glucosamine is found naturally in your joints. it is used to help make sure that your cartilage is kept healthy. That is the only reason I would ever use it. I dont and never have used any other supplements. I dare say I wont take it to lympstone anyway. Just an idea if you do have problems with your knees when you get down there.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
You will get a brief on supplements during PRMC.

Do not take any food replacement supplements. Top tip is do not take anything to help you "bulk-up" because you do not want to carry extra body mass - Recruit Training will completely crease you if you do power-lifting before you go. Your average marine is best described as "lithe" not "mahoosive". Those that do elect to bulk-up do so after Recruit Training, not before.

Small weights, lots of reps, not big weights.

Multivits & cod liver oil, so far as I'm aware, are OK, but you do get a fully balanced diet anyway, as has already been stated.