VPJFT & ROP fitness guides

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
If you wish to use or look at the official guide for both VPJFT and ROP fitness guides use the following route on the Royal Navy website:

1. Royal Navy Website- click on
Careers - then
Royal Marines- then
Get Fit to Join- then
My Fitness plan

Both are contained on that page and are downloadable.

mace

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The Joining Instructions mention an 8-week pre-hab programme for preventing lower limb injuries:
"Adherence to the 8-week pre-hab programme is strongly encouraged, as this will aid you significantly on entry and mitigate against potential lower limb injuries."

Where can one find that one, please? Many thanks @The guide

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
The pre and post PRMC fitness programmes are in the AFCO,s computer system and can be issued to applicants that wish to use it, I am not sure if it in the site, but I will try to put one in in next few days and tag you in!!

mace

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
If you mean these, I have those. It sounded like it is a specific new 8-week prehabilitation programme for the legs.

Attachments

• POST PRMC PROGRESSIVE PHYSICAL TRAINING PROGRAMME.pdf
    4.9 MB · Views: 51
  • PRE PRMC PROGRESSIVE PHYSICAL TRAINING PROGRAMME.pdf
    489.7 KB · Views: 46

Biggles

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The Joining Instructions mention an 8-week pre-hab programme for preventing lower limb injuries:
"Adherence to the 8-week pre-hab programme is strongly encouraged, as this will aid you significantly on entry and mitigate against potential lower limb injuries."

Where can one find that one, please? Many thanks @The guide
Also interested in this @The guide

mace

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The PRe PRMC programme looks more intense no?!
I enjoyed doing it, I hope most people are aware of it and not just doing the basics as discussed in the VPJFT is not the standard thread. The POST one has a really good swim circuit. I will start doing that as well.

mace

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I enjoyed doing it, I hope most people are aware of it and not just doing the basics as discussed in the VPJFT is not the standard thread. The POST one has a really good swim circuit. I will start doing that as well.
One thing I would change on it is the structure. I think the format of training days on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday followed by an active recovery on Thursday and two more training days on Friday and Saturday with Sunday being complete rest works great and helps avoiding overtraining. At least that is what I am doing at the minute and works great for me. Just a thought.

lock_stock

Reaction score
Worth checking out ‘@legacy_sc_’ on instagram lads. I believe it’s run by serving marines, so should be as specific as can be. They’ve released a free 4 week pre-recruit training plan (they recommend it’s cycled 3 times I.e 12 weeks) that contains some smashing work outs; it really helped me with upping the intensity and as @mace states, not just doing the ‘minimum’. Worth having a nosey if only to steal any sessions that you like the look of to add to your existing plans!

mace

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Sometimes I am too nice.

Attachments

• Legacy - 4 Week Running Program.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 25
  • Legacy - 4 Week Training Program.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 30

Biggles

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
How would you lads say this compares vs STOIC'S plan?

@mace that legacy level of pullup intensity and frequency is a recipe for tendonitis - daily pull-ups and mixing out? Matter of time before trouble starts.

Running looks good as does bottom field session.

Biggles

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

I would say this with the swim sessions from the old one (attached) would be very effective -

Interesting that its the second version and going through both plans many of the original sessions have been kept the same which I would say is a decent indicator of what will be required. The PTI's have clearly been very specific with regards to the types of things recruits will be doing albeit at a more maximal level. Remember specificity is key lads!

Attachments

4.9 MB · Views: 8

mace

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
How would you lads say this compares vs STOIC'S plan?

@mace that legacy level of pullup intensity and frequency is a recipe for tendonitis - daily pull-ups and mixing out? Matter of time before trouble starts.

Running looks good as does bottom field session.
I haven’t had a look yet just downloaded them and uploaded here for easier access. I will have a look later and see what I can incorporate into my programming that starts on Monday finally with your treadmill run programming.

mace

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

I would say this with the swim sessions from the old one (attached) would be very effective -

Interesting that its the second version and going through both plans many of the original sessions have been kept the same which I would say is a decent indicator of what will be required. The PTI's have clearly been very specific with regards to the types of things recruits will be doing albeit at a more maximal level. Remember specificity is key lads!
I don’t have the old version. Which workout do you mean, please?

Biggles

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

Attachments

4.9 MB · Views: 2

Biggles

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I haven’t had a look yet just downloaded them and uploaded here for easier access. I will have a look later and see what I can incorporate into my programming that starts on Monday finally with your treadmill run programming.
I'm doing a treadmill session this morning sub 8m30 is the target! Heres the treadmill programming for anyone who's interested.Screenshot 2021-04-10 at 09.08.48.png

mace

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
So the RN released this one as latest post PRMC - https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/-/medi...a=en-gb&hash=E2E8B2CF3EF21ED0BADD6A4F0E965157

And this is the old one - attached.

The difference is the new plan does not have swimming sessions in it. So I was saying the new plan (link) with the swim sessions from the old session (attached) would be a good compliment.
Oh got you, I thought there were two versions of the PRE and POST PRMC as well and that's what you compared.

Biggles

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I have to say STOIC's RM Commando Prep Course I think is so far one of the better plans I have come across. Have your tried @mace ?