vPJFT Sit-ups

Agam1202

Reaction score
Morning all,
I have my Pjft circuit coming up this week on the 25th and have a question regarding sit-ups. I’ve been doing my sit-ups using a device which holds your feet in place, would this be acceptable or do I need someone to hold them during the test? (Picture attached below)
Many thanks,

Attachments

• 0F7712CB-D757-410B-BF7D-00486EFC9ADB.jpeg
    0F7712CB-D757-410B-BF7D-00486EFC9ADB.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 7

mace

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You can use anything to hold your feet but please correct me if I am wrong. I have my VPJFT tomorrow hopefully the PTI will be okay with me putting a big plastic container box over my feet filled with 2 slam balls and a weight vest. It’s super uncomfortable but I haven’t got a sofa.

CallMeLucifer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
At the start of the vpjft, you'll be ask if there is anyone assisting you in the thing (which is what I had). I haven't heard or seen anything that says that you can't use an object to keep your feet down.

On another note. Try doing sit-ups without having holding your feet down, as it will build you up and make situps a lot easier in the long-run.

CallMeLucifer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Morning all,
I have my Pjft circuit coming up this week on the 25th and have a question regarding sit-ups. I’ve been doing my sit-ups using a device which holds your feet in place, would this be acceptable or do I need someone to hold them during the test? (Picture attached below)
Many thanks,

Also, I have one of those, myself. The issue being, it doesn't stick to the floor. This made sense when I found out it came from China.

J9R4W

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I've been using half a bag of cement it works pretty well. A full bag would obvs be too much weight but half feels quite comfortable. Would that be acceptable on the test do you reckon?

CallMeLucifer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I've been using half a bag of cement it works pretty well. A full bag would obvs be too much weight but half feels quite comfortable. Would that be acceptable on the test do you reckon?
I don't see why it wouldnt. If in doubt, ask your recruiter

mace

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Also, I have one of those, myself. The issue being, it doesn't stick to the floor. This made sense when I found out it came from China.
Were you even surprised when you found out it was made in China?!

St.Michael

Reaction score
Was going to get one my self but seen the reviews and was like nope so stared doing them without any support lile stated above but still going to have someone hold me on my vpjft just for extra support.

CallMeLucifer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Was going to get one my self but seen the reviews and was like nope so stared doing them without any support lile stated above but still going to have someone hold me on my vpjft just for extra support.

Yes. Having someone/thing hold your feet down make a huge difference for the last round of sit-ups.

Agam1202

Reaction score
I have laminate flooring which it seems to suction on well, try making sure the bottom of the suction cup doesn’t have any doesn’t preventing a proper seal

CallMeLucifer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I have laminate flooring which it seems to suction on well, try making sure the bottom of the suction cup doesn’t have any doesn’t preventing a proper seal
Oh I did. And my floor is also laminate, too.

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
You can use any object to hold your feet down. I went from sofa, to a table, to a concrete block on the third attempt. If there was a fourth attempt the kitchen sink would have been next.

That’s good to know then hopefully it’s the same with all the PTI that take the test!

I use a heavy barbell to keep my feet down or when it’s nice weather outside I use a sandbag so hopefully there’s no issues there.

Any idea if the test can be conducted in the garden if of course there’s no issues with connection , noise , weather ?

highland_blue89

Reaction score
That’s good to know then hopefully it’s the same with all the PTI that take the test!

I use a heavy barbell to keep my feet down or when it’s nice weather outside I use a sandbag so hopefully there’s no issues there.

Any idea if the test can be conducted in the garden if of course there’s no issues with connection , noise , weather ?

I did mine on my patio. Grass won't be the best idea, the give in the soil might make reps slightly more tough.

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I did mine on my patio. Grass won't be the best idea, the give in the soil might make reps slightly more tough.

Yeah sorry I meant garden but got a concrete path on the side of it where I have a gym mat on that which I use for the nicer weather!
I struggle with reps as it is even i wouldn’t be dull enough to use the grass aha

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The guide VPJFT & ROP fitness guides Stickies/Frequently Asked Questions 26
T VPJFT Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site 18
E VPJFT RMR Section and RMR Selection 5