VPJFT

EnigmaticToast

Reaction score
Hi all,

Wanted to know how people prepared on the day. I've been doing a practice run through every monday morning as soon as I get up where I do 2/3 of the test. I then use a separate day for each exercise to practice form and reps.

Do people generally fuel up well before the assessment? And do you think theres a big difference in what you can do fasted within 5 mintues of getting up vs having a couple of hours prep to eat and stretch etc?

Thanks,

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I just got well hydrated and did it on an empty stomach as it was an early morning one, it's only 15 mins work so really wouldn't stress about 'fueling' for it.

That said i wouldn't do it "within 5 minutes of getting up". You won't be as loose and nimble as if you give yourself an hour or two to get moving, plus you'll look quite scruffy compared to if you've had a shower and freshened up. After all it's an assessment/interview so treat it as such.

EnigmaticToast

Reaction score
I just got well hydrated and did it on an empty stomach as it was an early morning one, it's only 15 mins work so really wouldn't stress about 'fueling' for it.

That said i wouldn't do it "within 5 minutes of getting up". You won't be as loose and nimble as if you give yourself an hour or two to get moving, plus you'll look quite scruffy compared to if you've had a shower and freshened up. After all it's an assessment/interview so treat it as such.
Thanks for the reply, yeah I would get up and give myself time on the day

CallMeLucifer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't do any vpjft replicas for a few days before the actual exercise, just in case you injure or wear yourself out before the big day happens.

Before the vpjft starts, you'll be asked to do a demonstration of your burpees, sit ups, push ups, and plank just to see if your format is correct. You'll also be asked if you want a minute or two to stretch if you so desire.

Biggles

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Have 3 days clear of no training just stretching an mobility. By then all the work should be done and any more closer to the test will not help you, you'll ace it.

highland_blue89

Reaction score
I would be practising being able to get through 4 rounds, or doing 3 rounds but adding more reps to each exercise. Go over and beyond what is expected and you will pass no bother.

I did minimal and I struggled through my third attempt to get a pass. It weighed heavy on me for weeks.