VThomasi

RAY_GRYLLS

Reaction score
I have seen that he passed all the recruitment process for officer, but didn't get selected? Why is this? Will he have to re apply from scratch..surely not?

Harvs

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I have seen that he passed all the recruitment process for officer, but didn't get selected? Why is this? Will he have to re apply from scratch..surely not?
Not everyone who passes AIB is guaranteed a place on the batch unfortunately. Nope, I don't believe he will as I think he said his POC would still be valid for his next AIB... or something along those lines.

Baron

Reaction score
He simply wasn't good enough. Not as a human being, and certainly not as a Royal Marine.

He is also an idiot.

RAY_GRYLLS

Reaction score
Not everyone who passes AIB is guaranteed a place on the batch unfortunately. Nope, I don't believe he will as I think he said his POC would still be valid for his next AIB... or something along those lines.
So he will have to retake his AIB even though he didn't fail it the first time?!

RAY_GRYLLS

Reaction score
I believe so.
That is crazy! I feel for the guy, as if it wasn't hard enough passing it first time! I would imagine it is one of those things you just want to get done and out of the way so you can crack on with training..not to mention the fact you have to wait around for another year!

I cant get my head around that!

Thanks for your reply Harvs.

Kentish

Reaction score
And that's not mentioning the fact he did POC, smashed gym tests, bottom field, endurance course, completed the run back (4/15 completed it), but only two passed as he didn't complete it in time.

Was gutted for him at this point.

But yeah, he's a mincer.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Sometimes a PM is perhaps a more subtle way of enquiring about such matters.

VTomasi

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Errrmm, would one not care to ask me directly?

Somewhat strange to see ones username as a 'new post'. Thanks Kentish and Baron for giving me fair representation - *a range of expletives, generally denouncing you as miserable human beings - primarily directed at Baron*.

I'm far from being alone in this situation. I've been told about 120 passed AIB. Seeing as there were less than 50 places available, naturally some (many) would miss out.

AIB is valid for 1 year and in any case, in order to maximise chances of selection this time round, I need to do AIB again and hopefully achieve a better score. It's on May 28th.. I best get preparing..

westy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Errrmm, would one not care to ask me directly?

Somewhat strange to see ones username as a 'new post'. Thanks Kentish and Baron for giving me fair representation - *a range of expletives, generally denouncing you as miserable human beings - primarily directed at Baron*.

I'm far from being alone in this situation. I've been told about 120 passed AIB. Seeing as there were less than 50 places available, naturally some (many) would miss out.

AIB is valid for 1 year and in any case, in order to maximise chances of selection this time round, I need to do AIB again and hopefully achieve a better score. It's on May 28th.. I best get preparing..
I had a chat about with baron about you on face ache, and in my opinion, he hero worships you!! I think all the abuse he directed at you on this thread is pure envy!!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
It's quite refreshing to see a thread about someone else.

Some say that VTomasi?s terrified of furry seal pups, there?s an airport in Luxembourg named after him, and there isn't a 'H' in his username...

JMC

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score

Some say that VTomasi?s terrified of furry seal pups, there?s an airport in Luxembourg named after him, and there isn't a 'H' in his username...
MUHAHAHAHAHAHA . . . . . . . . . . . . REVENGE :biggrin:

VTomasi

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score

Haha cheers Ninja. And thanks for the spelling correction. It's like spelling Ninja, as Ninga. Just, no.