Waiting for Medical

Henry20

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone knows how long it normally takes for the medical company to get back to you after they send documents to the GP requesting information, just seems like its taking ages. and ive chased up my doctors and they said that they've sent the paper work back to them! Just seems like its taking forever

White00

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm at the very same stage as you mate. They had to check up with the GP about my broken arm 5 odd years ago. I rang the GP, which I was told to chase up just in case they didn't get notified from the Navy and told me they were awaiting payment and that was 2 weeks ago and I've had no response from the nurse at Capita either, So I think we are just going to have to be patient mate.

Seags98

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Keep chasing it up, the more you ring and push them to actually get their job done the shorter time you’ll have to wait.

Be polite but make it known that you want it done asap.

Chelonian

Reaction score
and ive chased up my doctors and they said that they've sent the paper work back to them! Just seems like its taking forever

...and told me they were awaiting payment and that was 2 weeks ago...

Frustrating though the delays are it's worth bearing in mind that a GP surgery's main purpose is to deliver primary health care services to people who are actually unwell.

The back office admin can be slow, perhaps because others on the GP patient list are focused on overcoming life threatening illnesses rather than improving a running PB to better their career prospects. :)

As stated by @Seags98 an important factor is politeness when querying progress with your GP surgery. Polite charm is more likely to speed up the process. It really can make a difference. Trust me on that.

On the upside, while you're waiting you have more time to improve that PB. Best of luck.

Henry20

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm at the very same stage as you mate. They had to check up with the GP about my broken arm 5 odd years ago. I rang the GP, which I was told to chase up just in case they didn't get notified from the Navy and told me they were awaiting payment and that was 2 weeks ago and I've had no response from the nurse at Capita either, So I think we are just going to have to be patient mate.

I know mate trying to be patient, and I knew this part of the application was going to be the longest, just got to wait it out.

On the upside said:
haha yeah @Chelonian I guess there is one upside then

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The usual drill is:

1. The contracted medical company write to your GP requesting info, usually within 7-10 days of the triage call. This cannot be accelerated unfortunately.

2. The GP will most often submit an invoice for payment before providing the data. Typically it takes 2-3 weeks to send the invoice, because, as stated by @Chelonian, it is not a primary healthcare issue and therefore not a priority for the NHS.

4. The service can then take 2-4 weeks to cough-up. This cannot be accelerated unfortunately, even if you call your AFCO as it is processed by the Civil Service in a top secret bunker, not far from Andover.

5. The GP surgery can then take another 2 or 3 weeks to produce the goods, after which it's...
  • A possible further delay whilst more detailed info is requested or...
  • A yes/no decision is made regarding medical sutability - if OK, a face to face medical apointment is booked (typically in about 2-4 weeks). If not OK a medical rejection letter is sent.

• The only bits that can be accelerated, in realistic terms are the bits undertaken by the GP surgery but remember, it is not a medical emergency, so manners, good humour and possibly Chocolate Hob Nobs maketh the Marine.

New Threads