Waiting List?

Discussion in 'RM Officer questions' started by Fibonarchie, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Fibonarchie

Fibonarchie Active Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hi lads,
    I've just started reading into this as I have been considering officer instead of marine and I have a query.
    If you don't go through to training after AIB, do you go on a waiting list and, if so, do you move up on time waiting or just sit there till your points are high enough to get into training. Cheers,
    Fibo

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

RM Officer applicants must successfully complete all selection elements, at least a couple of months before the September entry date. To achieve this, they are advised to apply no later than the preceding Sept-Dec.

The selection board sits in July and takes the top 50 to 60 scorers, depending on numbers required. With the exception of a couple of top-scorers held in reserve, those not selected will need to re-take all time-expired Officer selection elements for the following year's intake (if they score high enough to be selected)...or join as an Other Rank.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  3. Fibonarchie

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Thanks ninja. If you join as another rank, do you have to do the whole thing (med, pjft and then prmc) again or will your POC and what not count and put you into RT?

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

All Officer selection elements, if passed, apart from the ratings selection interview remain valid for entry (12 months) as an Other Rank.

• Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  5. Fibonarchie

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet