Waiting Times - don't read if you aren't fit!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
For those suitably motivated:

One of my candidates sat the recruiting test 15th Feb, passed eyetest & medical by 25th Feb, submitted SC 25th Feb - granted 14th March, passed PJFT 6th March, Selection Interview 14th March, has got an RMAD 10th April & a PRMC 24th April.

If he passes PRMC, he could feasibly get a cancellation entry date in May or June.

Mingmong

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, that's quick. Ninja, I was under the impression its about a 6 week wait from PRMC pass to an RT date, I'm on the same PRMC as him and was presuming that if I pass I'd almost certainly get a May/June entry, but by the sound of it this is actually not the case. Is that right? I take it will depend on my scores?

Utopia

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Impressive work! On both your behalf and his!

HR

Reaction score
About a month and a half between PJFT and PRMC, was this a cancellation?

Craigh88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
For those suitably motivated:

One of my candidates sat the recruiting test 15th Feb, passed eyetest & medical by 25th Feb, submitted SC 25th Feb - granted 14th March, passed PJFT 6th March, Selection Interview 14th March, has got an RMAD 10th April & a PRMC 24th April.

If he passes PRMC, he could feasibly get a cancellation entry date in May or June.
How on earth did he get all this so quickly? I was fit when applying and i still got through the first bundle of application bits in about 2 months.. I still got a june 5th date when i applied in october 2011? Seems odd unless cancellation.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
It was a cancelled PRMC place, but it wasn't specifically requested - the individual was automatically allocated the next available PRMC. In fact another of my candidates was allocated 24th April this morning also.

Problem is that it's logistically impossible to roll everyone forward everytime there's a cancellation as it would cost a fortune in cancelled rail tickets, re-issuing documents etc. as cancellations occur literally daily, so it would be in a state of permanent flux.

If your CA thinks you are a particularly strong candidate going by your track record (dazzling PJFT & RMAD results) he/she can sometimes request a cancelled place when initially booking a PRMC (if one is available at that instant), but once a date is allocated it will not be rolled forward.

Ednie

Reaction score
Ninja is there a page on this site with a calendar of all the PRMC dates? Im sure I seen it before but cant find it..

Craigh88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It was a cancelled PRMC place, but it wasn't specifically requested - the individual was automatically allocated the next available PRMC. In fact another of my candidates was allocated 24th April this morning also.

Problem is that it's logistically impossible to roll everyone forward everytime there's a cancellation as it would cost a fortune in cancelled rail tickets, re-issuing documents etc. as cancellations occur literally daily, so it would be in a state of permanent flux.

If your CA thinks you are a particularly strong candidate going by your track record (dazzling PJFT & RMAD results) he/she can sometimes request a cancelled place when initially booking a PRMC (if one is available at that instant), but once a date is allocated it will not be rolled forward.
Suppose im grumbling for nothing as april prob would be too close for me but would be nice to be asked. 1 of the 2 ca's at my place really doesn't seem interested in speeding up the process at all. If it was just me i'd say i was being paranoid but about 3 different people have mentioned the same. Could just be dependant on how busy they are i suppose as some have waited longer than myself. 8:54 return on my pjft and 2nd and 1st in most of my rmads stats makes me wonder why i didn't get asked if i wanted a cancellation though.
Roll on june 5th either way!!

Mingmong

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Any new on the expected wait between PRMC and RT Ninja?
Cheers.

ross90rmc

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Suppose im grumbling for nothing as april prob would be too close for me but would be nice to be asked. 1 of the 2 ca's at my place really doesn't seem interested in speeding up the process at all. If it was just me i'd say i was being paranoid but about 3 different people have mentioned the same. Could just be dependant on how busy they are i suppose as some have waited longer than myself. 8:54 return on my pjft and 2nd and 1st in most of my rmads stats makes me wonder why i didn't get asked if i wanted a cancellation though.
Roll on june 5th either way!!
With scores like that how is April too close for you? Why did you go on two rmad's also of you smashed the first one...all seems a bit wowed to do of youve got a sub 9 minute time already...to then put you on another rmad, and book a later prmc date.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Ninja is there a page on this site with a calendar of all the PRMC dates? Im sure I seen it before but cant find it..
no-longer-validforumdisplay.php?f=89[/url]

Any new on the expected wait between PRMC and RT Ninja?
Cheers.
Notwithstanding there is pretty much a constant trickle of "no shows" at CTC and the shorter notice you need to join, the higher the likelihood of last minute allocation, we're currently filling May/June Recruit Troops for those passing PRMC this week.

Craigh88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
With scores like that how is April too close for you? Why did you go on two rmad's also of you smashed the first one...all seems a bit wowed to do of youve got a sub 9 minute time already...to then put you on another rmad, and book a later prmc date.
My point exactly, the ca is a strange one... my first rmad my run times were really good and i believe i got 14+ in bleep on both... my gym tests were about 40ish of both i believe and max pullups.
I would've gone on another rmad anyway as it's a good day of phys.
Reason i wouldn't go on an april one is because my legs are weak, i really struggled on the circuits in the rmad so im using these 2 months to strengthen them up. Perhaps thats why, but then again my first rmad was in december so april would've been plenty of time!

Red Bull

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
That's a very quick application. Well done to him.

I'm sure there's a lot of luck in there though with cancellation dates and such a quick SC application.

I passed my interview in october and have my prmc in may. And I submitted my SC 5th january and am still waiting.

Yossarian

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Agree with the luck part. I managed to get a cancellation 4 weeks from my interview, I was expecting at least a 3 month wait!

Craigh88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
That's a very quick application. Well done to him.

I'm sure there's a lot of luck in there though with cancellation dates and such a quick SC application.

I passed my interview in october and have my prmc in may. And I submitted my SC 5th january and am still waiting.
Im still in the dark about security clearance... what should i have been given? If i pass prmc in june i don't want this holding up my application and so far i've sent nothing off as you all seem to have.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
New Security Clearance applications cannot be processed until after April 10th.

Why? Because National Security Vetting have decided to clear the backlog by freezing fresh applications for two months.

The good news is for first time joiners, it should not unduly affect the allocation of entry dates providing you fully complete the online application as soon as you receive the activation email. For those re-joining the service, it could delay entry.

Ren_Dundle10101

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
New Security Clearance applications cannot be processed until after April 10th.

Why? Because National Security Vetting have decided to clear the backlog by freezing fresh applications for two months.

The good news is for first time joiners, it should not unduly affect the allocation of entry dates providing you fully complete the online application as soon as you receive the activation email. For those re-joining the service, it could delay entry.
I was going to say, nothing really surprised me in this thread apart from the fact he got his security clearance so quickly!

Edit: Just logged into the DVA/NSVP website, I think my security clearance has been granted, happy days if it has!

Mingmong

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
How do you know if its been granted. I can't log into mine. I summited it donks ago and called my CA who said "the reason you can't log in is because its already been granted". Is this true, I find it hard to believe since I've had know email or other confirmation.

Ren_Dundle10101

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
How do you know if its been granted. I can't log into mine. I summited it donks ago and called my CA who said "the reason you can't log in is because its already been granted". Is this true, I find it hard to believe since I've had know email or other confirmation.
I am still able to log in. It's a bit of a pig because you had to make a password with an upper case letter, a number and a symbol (I think you did atleast). I emailed my log in info to myself so it could be a case that you don't remember the details.

When I log in it says

You are requested to complete a questionaire in order to receive SC service. This service has been requested by *insert my AFCO location here*.

Your application's status is:
Completed
I think that means it's been granted. It isn't really clear, but I'm crossing my fingers

Edit: I just had a flashback. It used to say
Your application's status is:
In Progress
so I guess "Completed" means it's been granted. Got to say, the wording isn't very clear.