Waiting to hear back.

Geordie79

Reaction score
Hello.

Looking for a bit of advice...

I have recently registered my interest in Rejoining but have not yet been contacted or giving an application form. I understand that there is probably some sort of shortage of staff currently due to COVID.

Wondering if anyone is or has been in the similar position and has any information as to roughly how long this takes?

Cheers.

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
@Geordie79 - How long ago did you submit your application ? - and are you sure you did..as many just complete an expression on interest and think they have

Geordie79

Reaction score
Cheers for reply @The guide , No i have not submitted an Application. I spoke the civi recruitment team and they said to register my interest and the re-joiners team will contact me and send me an application to complete. i done that 8 days ago now.

there is always the chance i am being slightly impatient but after living with constant regret for leaving for four years i think its understandable.

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
If you actually submit an application it "should" go to the rejoiners team at Naval HQ as they now take guys through they can get you in quicker than maybe an AFCO will, at least that's the idea.!!..as the team is new they might be working on actual applications as opposed to just interest ! which it what yours currently is.

Make sure you put on the form that you are a re-join or it won't get picked up and it will go to your AFCO based on postcode

Geordie79

Reaction score
cheers for the advise. I will just go ahead and submit an application and hopefully what your saying is correct and i get to be back down CTC finishing what i started ASAP.

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
Correction to my above then - You were a recruit ?? (a rejoin is generally a trained rank) - If that's the case you will go via you AFCO still. and this may be dictated by any time period that was placed upon you when you left the first time around, depending on reasons why -so once your application has been placed call you local AFCO after a few days - the one you went through last time - (unless you have moved of course):confused:.....:D

Geordie79

Reaction score
Yes i was a recruit not a trained rank!! I managed to contact the rejoin team and they are the team that are dealing with my application not my local AFCO, so far they have been brilliant and genuinely seem as if they are trying to process my application as fast as possible. the team member i spoke to instantly sent me through my application as i was on the phone which i filled out and returned straight to away. i was then surprised to receive a call first thing in the morning to acknowledge that they received my application and again while on the phone sent me through my forms to fill out regarding tattoos convictions etc. which i have done, and again made aware they have received and awaiting next step.. No issues what so ever so far. fingers crossed it stays this smooth the whole way.

cheers