'Walts' cannot stay away.

Canzmanz

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Stolen Valour believe they call it and YouTube has many videos showing guys like this being approached and questioned, compared to how the US guys call someone out this guy was very polite.

Regarding the subject of 'Walts', does no one think the USA as more of these guys because the way they glamorize war and their different regiments/units. (101st/Navy Seals/ Marines)

Obviously statistically the US has a bigger population so more of them will come out and impersonate, but compared to the UK not much is known about SF units or regiments, and you don't see soldiers wearing uniform here unless it's a parade/display team/careers fair.
Don Shipley being the best to watch :P

Rover

Reaction score

The petition never progressed.

In the US it was revoked as it was termed against ‘free speech’!

I have no time for ‘walts’ to me they are stealing the ‘honour’ of those who have served and in many cases have made the ultimate sacrifice.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Anyone ever hear about Tony Cumper?

Made a whole career out of lying about being ex SF and ex FFL, had his own security company that taught (made up) self defence techniques he learnt as SF. And used to take people out into the woods for mini survival exercises.
He had no training and it was all made up, I don't know if I admire his balls or hate him. He was soon ousted and last seen working as a bouncer bragging about being an ex paramedic.

Caversham

Former RM Commando, Moderator
Reaction score
My old Sgt Major's favourite saying was, "you can't bullsh*t in the UK without being found out". In these days of the WWW and all things internet, these days you can't bullsh*t anywhere without being found out.

Alan

Rover

Reaction score
WAR veterans have demanded the Government does more to combat the spiralling number of people faking military careers to gain benefits.

By Leda Reynolds

PUBLISHED: 10:23, Sun, Oct 18, 2015 | UPDATED: 11:16, Sun, Oct 18, 2015

Scores of imposters, claiming to be war heroes, are being uncovered every week lying about their fake military credentials, says a charity.

The cheats use bogus histories to snaffle housing meant for genuine veterans, prompting outrage more needs to be done to crackdown on the problem.

Veterans Aid, a charity which provides support for former military men and women in crisis, says it sees fake soldiers trying to access their lifeline services "every other day".

Chief executive, Dr Hugh Milroy, a former RAF Wing Commander from Darvel, East Ayrshire, blames the Government for failing to act.

He said: "This type of impersonation is a national disgrace.

"Cases appear every other day. I simply cannot understand why our politicians, who often tell us that military service is unique and to be applauded, are so passive about the way the good name of the Armed Forces is brought into disrepute in this way.

This type of impersonation is a national disgrace

Dr Hugh Milroy, former RAF Wing Commander

"We've heard of five cases across the country in the past week.

"Just yesterday we were told about a man and woman begging, saying they were homeless soldiers.

"He claimed to have been in the Black Watch, but didn't know about the red hackle, and she claimed to have been an infantry soldier in the Grenadier Guards, a regiment in which there are no female infantry soldiers.

"This lying and exaggerating goes on everywhere, and with impunity."

Campaigners would like to see the Government launch an offensive against military cheats making it an offence to claim to have been in the Armed Forces when they have not.

In America such claims are taken seriously where the 2013 Stolen Valor Act makes it illegal for anyone to impersonate a member of the US Armed Forces.

A Ministry of Defence spokesperson said: "The MOD offers veterans the Defence Privilege Card and the veterans badge to enable them to draw recognition for their valued service.

"While it is not against civilian law to wear a uniform, veterans badge or campaign medals which have not been earned, it is an offence to do so if it amounts to fraud or a similar offence such as obtaining services dishonestly."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/61...records-to-bag-benefits-says-veterans-charity

ReapNSow

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
@Rover I think I remeber seeing a thread where you outsted a 'walt' who claimed to be a ex-royal,sas,sbs etc etc... He so happened to be on this forum and found the thread and started arguing his case! Did you ever find out if we was gen?

Xerath

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
@Rover I think I remeber seeing a thread where you outsted a 'walt' who claimed to be a ex-royal,sas,sbs etc etc... He so happened to be on this forum and found the thread and started arguing his case! Did you ever find out if we was gen?
That stuntman?

Rover

Reaction score
Totnes, Devon is twinned with Narnia!
Funnily enough, my godson bought a book from a charity shop for 50p and lent it to me when he'd finished it. It was apparently authored by a former Royal Marine who—not that I know much about it—appeared to have served in the LC branch, driving rigid raiders or whatever they now drive. This was interesting in itself but the book was somewhat spoiled by repeated and sometimes unsubtle suggestions by the author that he too was SBS.
I believe the book you have in mind was written by one Peter Mercer, former Landing Craft RM. Who was a drug smuggler involved with the ‘Simon De Dancer’ incident back in 1997.

@fckdandbombed , Steve T. Another legend in his own mind.-doctor--banghead-

LRL

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Why do walts exist. I genuinely can't understand why someone would want to impose as someone/something that they are not, especially when people have rightly earned the title and some have died as one.

Disrespectful af.

I hope someone robbed his beret later that day.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Why do walts exist. I genuinely can't understand why someone would want to impose as someone/something that they are not, especially when people have rightly earned the title and some have died as one.

Disrespectful af.

I hope someone robbed his beret later that day.
I am pretty certain it isn't even the right beret! It looks like the Cypress Green of the Intelligence corps, so he can't even get that right!

westy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I believe the book you have in mind was written by one Peter Mercer, former Landing Craft RM. Who was a drug smuggler involved with the ‘Simon De Dancer’ incident back in 1997.

@fckdandbombed , Steve T. Another legend in his own mind.-doctor--banghead-
Didn't he top himself a few years back?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rover 'Tomcat'. Another 'walts' life of fantasy. Military News and Clips 0
D Walts! Be Aware Jollies Bar 7
prmc85 Walts - hilarious Jollies Bar 2