'Walts' cannot stay away.

Banshee

Reaction score
Theirs a bloke I work with who's a cadet instructor likes to Walt a lot. Came in one day saying he's platoon/troop of cadets helped out on a UKSF ops in the jungle ahaha.

Another time came in saying how they're flying to Germany with the cadets and are going to be parachuting in from a C130.

Gets better he was going on holiday a couple of weeks a go and he's wife is my bosses PA. he'd been going a round saying he's doing a jump this week in Iraq and its all top secret blah blah blah. Lad went upto he's missus and said bet your worried about Chris next week. She asked why on earth would I be. Told her what he'd said she'd turned around saying where going on a holiday to Spain FFS he won't be doing any parachuting he's scared of hights.
Don't know why people do it haha

DD

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I've seen pictures of Walts/ Airsofters all decked out in SF rigs and suppressed rifles etc, and then their faces are purposefully blacked out to make them seem legit. Nearly fell for it myself until I saw the bum fluff beard, pale skin and man boobs. Not saying all SF guys are bodybuilders but you could tell they hadn't done a day of phys in their lives.

Canzmanz

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I've seen pictures of Walts/ Airsofters all decked out in SF rigs and suppressed rifles etc, and then their faces are purposefully blacked out to make them seem legit. Nearly fell for it myself until I saw the bum fluff beard, pale skin and man boobs. Not saying all SF guys are bodybuilders but you could tell they hadn't done a day of phys in their lives.
Yeah I seen someone on insta with it the other day haha

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Saw this absolute sack yesterday in my local in the same kit as in the pictures, sandals and all-banghead-

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
8B221DD9-EB89-47CD-8496-189A340FBBA9.jpeg
You mean this absolute warrior? Made me chuckle when I saw it
That's the one! I've never seen, heard or smelt anything like it honestly. Every single word that came out of his mouth was just pure waffle, from having well over 10 university degrees to being a multi millionaire (who I later saw waiting at the bus stop:D)

thegingerone

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been covered or not, but has anyone seen the RM reenactment clubs is Slovakia and Czech?

These guys have got SA80s and everything!

Johnny_Anonie

Reaction score
I have only ever met one Walter Mitty in person. Years ago I had cause to stop a vehicle. The driver became increasingly obstructive and informed me he was a serving Police inspector. He then provided me with a name.
Unfortunately the name he gave was also the name of the duty Inspector (my boss).Long story short I arrested him for failure to provide a roadside breath test. On searching him in custody I discovered a very fake looking police warrant card (made with Microsoft paint and laminated with cello tape) complete with the Inspectors collar number and name.

Two things that made this evening even more awkward for the Male was 1) The duty inspector arrived into custody to meet his impersonator face to face
2) The male and the Inspector he was impersonating were very different skin colours/ethnicity

Obviously my oppos on shift took great pleasure in asking me why I had locked up the boss.

codislife

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been covered or not, but has anyone seen the RM reenactment clubs is Slovakia and Czech?

These guys have got SA80s and everything!

I am thoroughly confused at these reenactment groups, wtf is going on in slovakia hahahaha

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I am thoroughly confused at these reenactment groups, wtf is going on in slovakia hahahaha
It's pretty mental how much some foreigners praise and herald UK forces.

I was leading an expedition in Ecuador last summer and my group crossed paths with a group led by a former RM officer. Conversation flowed and I told him I'd been a nod and was rejoining, he spun some Herrick dits etc etc. Anyway, this all came to the knowledge of the local Ecuadorian staff, one of whom was in absolute speechless amazement.

Turned out he was one of these "reenactors"/airsofters. He'd done some service in Ecuador but wasn't quite satisfied and seemed to have dedicated every penny he earned to dressing like a bootneck-UKSF hybrid. Crye rig, an authentic WW2 Commando Dagger he'd paid loads to ship over, the full shebang. He took us to one side one night and begged us to tell him exactly which plate carrier the SBS currently use, to which we were obviously clueless!

In the end the former Officer gave him a Commando Flash as a gift and we both received Ecuador military patches from our new pal as a parting gift ourselves.

He's probably at some South American airsoft meet this very moment with Flashes sewn on!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rover 'Tomcat'. Another 'walts' life of fantasy. Military News and Clips 0
D Walts! Be Aware Jollies Bar 7
prmc85 Walts - hilarious Jollies Bar 2