Want to clear this up?!?

RMC WATKINS

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Right I have looked in the past and didn't seem to find a direct anwser for my question, so here we go. You have to do a month or something of peak flow tests if you have previously had asthma, what do these look for?

High scores eg 600-800
or
Consistant scores 450 everyday
or both??

Cheers, Watkins

Craigh88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Right I have looked in the past and didn't seem to find a direct anwser for my question, so here we go. You have to do a month or something of peak flow tests if you have previously had asthma, what do these look for?

High scores eg 600-800
or
Consistant scores 450 everyday
or both??

Cheers, Watkins
Depends on your height/weight/age i think.

I am 6ft 1 and 23 and the average for me was 616... i blew over 700 day and night. Your doc should tell you this well they did me. Aslong as your hitting the average and your numbers arent say for example 200 in the morning then 800 at night then should be fine so i was told.

RMC WATKINS

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Depends on your height/weight/age i think.

I am 6ft 1 and 23 and the average for me was 616... i blew over 700 day and night. Your doc should tell you this well they did me. Aslong as your hitting the average and your numbers arent say for example 200 in the morning then 800 at night then should be fine so i was told.
Cheers, do you know what the case would be if I got say like 100 under my average but the results are consistant? Not saying I do, I haven't done one in a while

Cheers

Craigh88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers, do you know what the case would be if I got say like 100 under my average but the results are consistant? Not saying I do, I haven't done one in a while

Cheers
Im actually not sure matey, im assuming they want to be over average if possible hence the word 'average'
I was blowing over my average so cant really comment on what kind of complications it would cause if you was under. Best to speak to the med doc.

RMC WATKINS

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Im actually not sure matey, im assuming they want to be over average if possible hence the word 'average'
I was blowing over my average so cant really comment on what kind of complications it would cause if you was under. Best to speak to the med doc.
Alright fair one mate, I'll have to check mine soon anyway.
According to some site online at my height 5-10/11 and age 18 the average is 550, so I'll have to have a go on a peak flow

Cheers anyway, thanks for the help.

Craigh88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
According to some site online at my height 5-10/11 and age 18 the average is 550, so I'll have to have a go on a peak flow

Yeah that sounds about right as im 5 years old and a bit taller. Really isn't a high number to blow mate.. goodluck!

Red Bull

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score

I'm 5'11" last time I checked and 21 years old and I average 550 every time. I was quite disappointed with that though! :) I read the average should be 650, but you usually get about 100 either way as everyone's different.

Me = ex-smoker