Want to have stronger...

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
....Shoulders, back, hamstrings, quads and shoulders?

Then follow my work out.

This works if you're a member of a gym, if not... join a gym or pick up a barbell from a fitness shop.

You want (maximum) of 25lbs on eachside.

These are going to be circuit training routines, so no rest in between exercises.

First off, keep the back straight and bend over, as though you're going to row the weight up to your body, hands shoulder width apart. 8 Reps! Exercise also known as "Bent over rows"

Next you're going to bring your hands in closer. Upright rows, 8 Reps!

Now you're going to bring the weight to shoulder height with hands shoulder width apart. Shoulder (military) press. 8 Reps.

Now place the weight on your shoulders (where it would usually be for a squat) These exercises are called "Good Mornings". 8 Reps.

After that, keep the weight in the same place, and do lunges... 8 on each leg.

Now for the hardest part.

Keep the weight in the same place.

Go down like you're a squating. Come back up and raise the weight like a shoulder press (keep the weight behind your head) 8 Reps!

Final exercise; "stiff legged deadlift" 8 Reps.

All of these exercises can found if you go to google and type them in.

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
this sounds alot like part of a bodypump class they run in the gyms!

Now place the weight on your shoulders (where it would usually be for a squat) These exercises are called "Good Mornings". 8 Reps.
like a shoulder press but behind your head? ive been told by several fitness instructors/personal trainers in the past not to do this with weight, if you come down hard and hit that top part of your spine you can paralyse yourself just like that, game over!

RC

Reaction score
Lshort1988 said:
this sounds alot like part of a bodypump class they run in the gyms!

like a shoulder press but behind your head? ive been told by several fitness instructors/personal trainers in the past not to do this with weight, if you come down hard and hit that top part of your spine you can paralyse yourself just like that, game over!
Good Mornings are a lower back / Hamstring / glutes exercise. I think you are thinking of the behind neck press ?

Ref what these fitness instructors have told you - Virtually every weight training exercise has the potential to cause serious harm, or worse.

Rich.

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
oh right yeah my mistake!! i know but behind neck press is kind of asking for it cause if you rep out theres nowhere else for the bar to go i feel safer with mil press and dumbell press personal preference i guess!