Watch My Back - Geoff Thompson

Daz-PRMC

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
A good book I'd recommend you look out for, here's an extract...

---

Where you want to be in life is where you should be going; goals are there to be achieved not debated. Whatever it is you want from life, make it so. If you have any obstacles in your way, great; obstacles are there to make you strong, don't procrastinate over them or fall into the victim mentality.

If you're getting more obstacles than most then I'd say you're lucky, it means you have a greater propensity to grow. Move the rocks out of your way and get strong and wise doing it. It is only when you lose sight of the goal that the hurdles loom large, and the obstacles suddenly become impediments.

If you want to be a painter, an actor, a writer or whatever, why aren't you doing it, or at the very least why aren't you starting the journey towards it? Because it's too hard? Too many things in the way? Too many other commitments? If it was easy the world would be full of high achievers. It has to be hard, that's the apprenticeship. There is only one person stopping you from being who you want to be and doing what you want to do. You! And that's the only person you have to change.

Please don't use your influences or your environment as an excuse for failure. It's not them, it's you. If people are trying to stop you from living your life then they're the hurdles that you have to overcome. If they love you enough they'll grow with you, if you want it enough you'll convince them. If they don't and you can't then you'll get left behind.

Once we realise that we are the creators, that we have the ability to create, we'll see that there is nothing we cannot achieve and that all life's problems are seeds of oppurtunity that hold their own solutions.

what will happen to me in the next ten years I can't predict - All I do know is that it's down to me, it's my world and if I want it I can have it. I only have to make it so.

- Geoff Thompson

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hi Daz,
Watch my Back is a great read! I've read it a few times and still learn something each time.
Have you read any of Geoff's other books?
I used to be really interested in self protection, combatives etc and trained with Geoff a few times. Because of where i live all my boxing/grappling coaches are geoff's old training partners that he mentions in the book (Matty Evans, Glen Smith, Justin Grey etc,) they're all doing well.

atb

Paul-M

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, Geoff's books are great, I've got about 10 of his martial arts ones plus a few self help ones, all very well written .

Iles

Reaction score
Yea I've read that book in excess of about 7 times *text deleted*. Really worth a read. Funny, informative, some great stuff on motivation and 'fight ir flight'

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
John "Awesome" Anderson still trains and teaches striking in Cov, and is still awesome.:kult: