Watch?

zrjace

Reaction score
Right im looking at getting a watch 40 pounds maximum budget and was wondering can you get a watch( for running which has a pedometer on it or calculates how many miles you've run?

Jace

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Alright mate, i don't really know much about training watches, but if you're after a simple pedometer that (when programmed with your stride length,) tells you how far you have ran, then you can buy these for a fiver or so and clip them to your shorts, and i even thing Kellogs were giving them away free as part of some promotion....

For most pedometers, i think they are designed to be worn for walkers or joggers. When you are calibrating the thing, remember your stride length will be different at walking pace and different running speeds (sprinting, knackered jog etc!) so i think this makes the readings less reliable?!

I guess you can get these in watch form as well?

If you are simply trying to find out how far you are running, websites like www.mapmyrun.com can help you there, and i think there are some even better sites out there?!...

Also, a bike with a spedometer device on it is good for working out distances. Might be a bit more accurate than a jogging pedometer as the wheel circumference is fixed as well.
With these, just bike around your running route and hey presto.

not sure if this was any help:wacko:

zrjace

Reaction score
yep was a help mate!

Thanks for that website link,it looks good!

Started my running this morning!

New Threads