Water or no water?

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Well basically I was just wondering if anyone else takes water with them when running?

Up untill a few days ago I used to take a water bottle with me on every run I do,
3-7.5 miles,
and I sip it every so often,
but a few days ago I realised that I won't have access to water during runs on PRMC or during RT,
so getting used to running with water is kinda pointless.

So I went on a 4 mile run without water,
and it actually felt pretty good,
found it a bit easier,
maybe I drink too much water when I run,
who knows,
so from now on all runs under 5 miles will be done without water.

Anyone got any views on this?

Who takes/doesn't take water with them?

Joe

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I don't take any with me personally, during warm days it sucks as mouth dries out but yea, life goes on haha.

Can slow you down, all i'd use it for is to swill mouth and drop it over my head.

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
I don't take any with me personally, during warm days it sucks as mouth dries out but yea, life goes on haha.

Can slow you down, all i'd use it for is to swill mouth and drop it over my head.
Yeah I know what you mean,
pouring it over my head is good on a hot day,
and I've started to swill my mouth out now instead of drinking it,
however I tend to get it on me when I spit it out *text deleted*.

Joe

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Ah wouldn't worry, i had a sticky phlem come up one run, spat that out... it came out in a big blob on its own string, and went all over my face and tshirt :rock:

Macca

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
If your only going for a 3-4 miler then I wouldn't bother pal, just hydrate when you get back home, but if your going to try a longer run say 10-12 miler then you could always take a small water pack with you, basicaly its a tiny backpack of water wich can hold upto 2litres. I tend to fill it half way when running long distances as you don't realy want any weight on your back

Priar

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The only time I carry water is if I'm doing a hill sprint session. Other than that, I don't bring any.
Don't think it matters either way really.

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Ah wouldn't worry, i had a sticky phlem come up one run, spat that out... it came out in a big blob on its own string, and went all over my face and tshirt :rock:
Nice,
my mate came running with me once,
almost shat himself,
had to stop at a local garage for a dump *text deleted*.

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Same as above really, dont take any water with me unless Im doing some sort of interval training, like I did today, 6x500 meters, I left a water bottle at the start, so every two runs could have a drink on the rest period.

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I always take a bottle of water with me. It's not something you can get used to, so might as well stay hydrated anyway. And it doesn't slow your process....

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
it all depends on how long your running , run about just under 6 miles and half of it is doing laps around a massive field and i get so thirsty struggle to breath so i might start to take water, plus when its sunny its horrible

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I'm *text deleted* start following this I think.

Joe
Yeah, anything less is usually done within 30 mins so not much need *text deleted* but when you get over that it's not such a bad idea.. *text deleted*.