Water Sports

Swordfish

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Lads any of you more into the less conventional sports such as football, rugby etc and more into your water sports or adventure sports/activities?

Dont get me wrong, i'm a big rugby fan but I just love being in the water, surfing has to be top of the list! along with bodyboarding, wake boarding. What you lads in to?!

ross90rmc

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I surf, still a beginner/intermediate on an 8 foot Cortez mal. Another year i should be looking at a little fish/thruster, maybe fork out for an al merrick or get one shaped. You?

MacheteMeetsBiscuit

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Doesn't really count as a 'sport', more an active hobby, but diving's awesome. Qualified with PADI so mostly do it abroad (not drysuit qualified for UK).

Get an adrenaline rush on some diveboats though. In Greece last year we were doing 40 knots in a rib & I sat up at the front where all the movement is (by choice) :sick:

Swordfish

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I currently surf on a 7.9 custom mini mal, nothing better than getting in the water! I wouldn't consider myself an intermediate yet but been surfing a few years, I enjoy using a mini mal, but would like to be able to use a short board in the future!

Baron

Reaction score
Only done it a few times, but absolutely loved surfing (or attempting to). I have a few friends who are in to it too, so I'm hoping to get along on some surfing trips with them down to Newquay or in Wales.

Baron

Reaction score
Also been eyeing up a trip to Portugal to one of the surf schools over there.

Gump

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
im into hiking and mountaineering if that counts?

ross90rmc

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah im still enjoying riding the mal, a lot harder to turn, but real fun, catch everything I go for with a lot less effort than a thruster. I'm going to be looking to get a shorter board and speed up a bit on the bigger waves, bottom turns haha! Some Kelly slater surfing.

JMC

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Wake-boarding, climbing/mountaineering, skydiving, snowboarding, BASE . . . . . . . . I'm a junkie :embarrest:

Janner

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I surf, livin in Plymouth is brilliant, so many good beaches so there is generally always something pumping.
I have a 6'2" thruster, it's so quick!

Also big into my mountain biking, been racing downhill for about 8 years now.

WelshLad91

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I live right near Newgale in Pembrokeshire. One of the best spots to go surfing in Wales, have tryed it a few times and loved it but im pretty crap! Enjoy abit of kayaking now and again.