>WEARING IN BOOTS FOR RT<

JoePRMC

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Alryt lads. I got issued my boots for RT last week, has anyone got any tips on how to wear them in quickly.. bearing in mind i satrt RT in 11 days ??

Cheers lads.. Joe

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Yep, just put them on in the morning & take 'em off in bed Joe.

Don't go for anything hare-brained or use peculiar potions, there's no need, other than to keep using shoe polish on them which should make them supple.

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i know this sounds silly but i to break in my football boots i used to stand up in the bath in them ( a really hot one though) usually does the job for molding the stuff to your feet

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
An Ex Army PTI told me about the bath technique aswell.

will

Reaction score
Plummy said:
i know this sounds silly but i to break in my football boots i used to stand up in the bath in them ( a really hot one though) usually does the job for molding the stuff to your feet
a hot bath would soften the material so this sounds like a good idea

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Ha ha ha ... well im just after trying the hot bath technique for about 25mins, so i a day or 2 when the boots dry out i'll let you all know!

JoePRMC - well jealous you're in before me mate :wink: fair play to you! Best of luck mate!!

JoePRMC

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Shiloh79 said:
Ha ha ha ... well im just after trying the hot bath technique for about 25mins, so i a day or 2 when the boots dry out i'll let you all know!

JoePRMC - well jealous you're in before me mate :wink: fair play to you! Best of luck mate!!
haha cheers Shiloh79.. Il see you down there mate

Joe

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
So hows everyone finding breaking in there boots after passing prmc then???

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Mine are quite tight on the heel but every over place there really comfy what about you mate I cant wear my boots around the house we got new carpet which is a pain.

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
yeah mine were tight rounds the heels aswell ... the left one in particular, dunno why that one more than the other though :*text deleted*:
I've had mine in a hot bath twice now which has made things far better and when i started back to work on monday, i've been wearing them to for around 8hrs a day, doing the job nicely ! :D

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
As Ninja says, you don't need to do anything fancy with them. You don't run in your boots in RT for some weeks and by that time you will have worn them in already just walking round camp.

I never wore mine before I got to RT and never got any problems. If you could wear you parade boots in, then I'd advise that, but seeing as you haven't got them yet, it's not possible. They are hard wearing those ones.

GW

PRMTommando

Reaction score
I'm just not sure how often I should be polishing them, or whether it's a good idea to buff them up nice and shiny before RT?! :question:

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Just brush polish on & off each day so as it gets absorbed when you're walking around in them. It helps make them supple & a bit more water-repellent. Don't worry too much about getting them "bulled" to a glass-like finish.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
My dad was in the Army in the 80's and he said the boots then were like cardboard and if they were wet when you went to sleep they'd be rock hard and would have moulded to the surroundings by the time you woke up.

I'm glad they've advaced abit since then!