Week 10 nod

Phantom

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Heya lads,

Week 10 begins tomorrow, exercise hunters moon this week with the two day survival ex and then a long weekend.

Any questions at all about RT up to and including week 10, fire away. Ill answer them all when i go on leave next weekend.

Phantom

Kentish

Reaction score
Well done for gym pass out mate. I heard from Dillz that you both passed.

nosbaz

Reaction score
no questions just great effort on getting this far.

MacheteMeetsBiscuit

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Well done on getting this far, keep up the effort and don't wrap!

What's swimming like at Lympstone? Read somewhere that a typical pool workout is 8 widths while your oppo is doing circuits, then swap and keep on doing that for the whole session? Sounds like a hang-out!

Also on swimming, have you done any underwater breath-hold/hypoxic swims?

vasco3

Reaction score
Good luck with |Huinters Moon. Hope whoever you are going home to has the washing machine primed and ready as gear will be honking. Hope you don't start talking to trees as son did on Hunters Moon as he was so tired.

Well done though - a third of the way through and a weekend to enjoy as well as not long to Easter leave!

Phantom

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Well done for gym pass out mate. I heard from Dillz that you both passed.
Cheers Kentish, we did both pass it! But unfortunately the troop performance as a whole was not great. We were aiming for distinction but barely managed a pass. I was completely threaders having let our PTI down. Let's just say Bottom Field will be interesting to say the least!

What's swimming like at Lympstone? Read somewhere that a typical pool workout is 8 widths while your oppo is doing circuits, then swap and keep on doing that for the whole session? Sounds like a hang-out!
It varies from sessions to session! What we do is get in pairs, and while 1 is doing a length of the pool whatever style, 2 will be doing press ups or holding onto the side of the pool, fully extending up as if you're getting out and then repeating (don't know what it's called, there is a name for it!). Then once 1 has done his width(s) you swap. We go from 1 width up to 6 then back down to one. Other times we'll have stances when you have to either jump off the high board, tread water with a rifle being passed around (not letting it touch the water) and other good stuff. Swimming can indeed be a hang out, especially if somebody fidgets or scratches in which case you'll just end up monkey crawling around the pool and be doing press ups all session!

Also on swimming, have you done any underwater breath-hold/hypoxic swims?
Usually when we do one width in exercises we're told to do hypoxic lengths. Another exercise we all do is breast stroke/ front crawl to one side and a hypoxic length back again, usually resting 8 seconds between each swim. Hang out!!

Good luck with |Huinters Moon. Hope whoever you are going home to has the washing machine primed and ready as gear will be honking. Hope you don't start talking to trees as son did on Hunters Moon as he was so tired.

Well done though - a third of the way through and a weekend to enjoy as well as not long to Easter leave!
I didn't talk to any trees myself but when I was on sentry and it was incredibly foggy, I was by myself for a minute or so as there was a swap in sentry with my partner, and I was lying down looking out as far as poss. I saw this figure in the distance as the fog fluctuated in distance, and I swear I had my rifle zeroed in on it as it looked like a nazgul or demontor or some other nasty!! Turns out it was an isolated tree!! And on survival ex. I am certain I saw a perfectly cooked fried egg going down the river as I was collecting water...