Week 28

ERFC

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Alright Lads,

As the title suggests got my 6 mile speed march on Monday. Got any queezies just fire them away as I've got a camp week next week so will be around to answer them.

Caversham

RM Commando, Crossed The Bar 13/12/2020
Reaction score
Is this the first go at "Killer Hill"?

And don't forget the 6 mile marker is at the gas main marker in Heartbreak Lane, not at the cricket pavilion. Just mention it to the PTI, he'll understand!

Alan

ERFC

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Is this the first go at "Killer Hill"?

And don't forget the 6 mile marker is at the gas main marker in Heartbreak Lane, not at the cricket pavilion. Just mention it to the PTI, he'll understand!

Alan

We missed out killer hill on the 6 mile run for some reason as I believe that's when you first have a go at it. So yes I've heard plenty of stories about it. But if I can carry a house on my back over senny bridge I'm praying I can get up killer hill. :D

corvus

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Alright Lads,

As the title suggests got my 6 mile speed march on Monday. Got any queezies just fire them away as I've got a camp week next week so will be around to answer them.

Well done for getting so far, and good luck for Monday and beyond!

I dont think there is a great deal of knowledge on the forum about the updates/switches to the last 6 weeks of rt. Could you give a brief summary?

ERFC

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Well done for getting so far, and good luck for Monday and beyond!

I dont think there is a great deal of knowledge on the forum about the updates/switches to the last 6 weeks of rt. Could you give a brief summary?

No problem lad here is a quick break down:

Week 26 - Field Firing 1 (CQB, Pairs and Fire teams)
Week 27 - Field Firing 2 (Section level + Troop Level live attacks)
Week 28 - 6 Mile speed march, Amphibious training, Tarzan and Endurance Course run throughs
Week 29 - Fogin Tor, Tarzan run through and Final Ex (Leave Wednesday)
Week 30 - Return from Final Ex Thursday and Endurance course is Saturday
Week 31 - Monday = 9 miler, Tuesday = Tarzan, Wednesday = 30 Miler
Week 32 - Kings Squad

Hope that helps.
I've tried to include as much as I can as regards to all the important events. As you can see it's a real ramp up going through final ex straight into the commando tests but that's what makes us unique.

arny01

Ex Pongo.
Reaction score
Alright Lads,

Good luck for the final straight!! Have you suffered many low points during training so far, if so how did you deal with it? How important do you feel family/partners support is on the whole?

corvus

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
No problem lad here is a quick break down:

Week 26 - Field Firing 1 (CQB, Pairs and Fire teams)
Week 27 - Field Firing 2 (Section level + Troop Level live attacks)
Week 28 - 6 Mile speed march, Amphibious training, Tarzan and Endurance Course run throughs
Week 29 - Fogin Tor, Tarzan run through and Final Ex (Leave Wednesday)
Week 30 - Return from Final Ex Thursday and Endurance course is Saturday
Week 31 - Monday = 9 miler, Tuesday = Tarzan, Wednesday = 30 Miler
Week 32 - Kings Squad

Hope that helps.
I've tried to include as much as I can as regards to all the important events. As you can see it's a real ramp up going through final ex straight into the commando tests but that's what makes us unique.

It does yes thanks. Good luck tomorrow morning and beyond.