Week 3

Coolbeansman

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hey guys just got home from familys day. 3 weeks has felt like forever but at the same time gone so fast, if you got any questions fire away!

damo

Reaction score
hi mate thanks in advance, just a little one. what time do you get away from CTC on families day?
Cheers

Luke0212

Reaction score
Well done so far fella, keep at it. Few questions;

How much sleep are you getting?
How intense has the phys been so far, and is it mostly running/circuits/swimming?
How long does it take you to get your 'admin' done (washing, ironing, tidying, etc)?
How is the troop bonding?

and most importantly...

Are you enjoying it? :)

Coolbeansman

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Thanks heh

I believe we thinned out about 3:30ish after Drill. (Familys day is a great day *text deleted**)

Sleep is an interesting one. It really depends on what Cpl's you get i think. For us though, it was pretty sweet as you had to be in bed by 2230 and up no earlier than 0545 for pretty much the first 2 weeks. This may have been though because we have quite a large number of ex-serivice and ex-nods in our troop who know what to do!

Mm its quite intense but usually in short bursts of about 45 minutes. The main 3 types of phys we do i would say are Swedish phys, where you excises on your spot, rope climbing which they really drill into you and swimming, an example of a swimming period would be warmup doing 8 widths of the pool, then you would pair off with someone and then you would take it in turns to do 5 widths, then 4, 3 and so on but the catch is whilst your swimming, your oppo is on the side of the pool banging out pressups/situps etc etc.

Some periods just consist of rope climbs and camp circuits. Top tip though, stay alert because if to many people start messing things up (You will see what i mean when you get down there) then you will have to do green mat camp circuits, which are disgusting.

It really depends on how much you have to do. In the first week you will be snowed under and you will be running around like a headless chicken. However, in week 3, most of the time the *working day* ends at about 1800ish and after that your time is your own and all you really have to do is iron your kit for tomorrow/do washing. I dunno what you will have to do but we only had to hand wash stuff for the first week, after that we could use the dryers.

Quite well, but it is still farily early days yet and the drop out period isnt for another week. There is quite clearly some lads who dont want to be there and as a result do jack in the mornings, which brings the rest of the troop down slightly, but apart from them we are all fairly good mates already.

As i said though i do believe we have quite a strong group, as for example we have already done our Battlefield swimming test, which is normally done in week 9, in week 2.

Also its worth adding, foundation is not as hard as some people make out to be! We got weekend leave from 2-8 on both sat and sun, how good is that!

Luke0212

Reaction score
Cheers for the answers pal, sounds like you've got a decent troop there. Enjoy your weekend off and keep smashing it :D

antnyw

Reaction score
Well done so far mate.Im currently going through my application at 29.What the oldest in your group?

Coolbeansman

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
The oldest guy is from Fiji and he's 30, he was getting on dandy but unfortunately he fell over in his parade boots and broke a finger. But of course that can happen to any body regardless of age so just make sure when you go up stairs in them, take your time and hold on to the railing!

Coolbeansman

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
At the moment he is still in the troop, he just has a phys chit to bar him from phys at the moment though, the end result is not clear yet but i guess its a chance to say now we started with 60 and now down to 55, 1 no show and 4 MD's which were for

Tendinitis in both legs - Day 2

Tendinitis in in 1 leg - Day 15

Flat footed - Day 3

Hernia - Day 10

Chubbo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hey bud good to see your enjoying it! Hope to bump into you when im down for my 2nd PRMC! Keep us updated!