Week 5 Nod, questions?

PRMH

Reaction score
Got any tips and advice for any lad starting RT soon?

Mark up your hangers or wrap a bit of lumi tape around them to make them easy to identify when you’re in the dry rooms, foundation block has a tendency to eat clothing if it’s not easily identifiable, when the training team say to name everything, NAME EVERYTHING there’s a reason for it! I can’t stress it enough! DON’T CUT CORNERS it’ll only make your life harder and chances are you’ll see your troop off too.

Any questions feel free to shoot a message over and I’ll try and reply when I can.

Hope this helps.

P.S get used to holding press ups half way and holding the squat position, also practice geckos (something I hadn’t heard of until arriving at CTC)

Elvis

Reaction score
Going into week 6, any questions?
Was it anything like you thought it would be? Best tip you would give so far? Hardest thing so far?
Best of luck on passing RM training, remember why you applied to the Marines in the first place to keep yourself motivated! Take each day at a time and just remember how many people want to be where you're right now! Best of luck mate.

Wings

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Fair one loving it week 5 youll be alright earliest weeks easily worst in its own way

mrnufc1105

Reaction score
Was it anything like you thought it would be? Best tip you would give so far? Hardest thing so far?
Best of luck on passing RM training, remember why you applied to the Marines in the first place to keep yourself motivated! Take each day at a time and just remember how many people want to be where you're right now! Best of luck mate.

It’s about the same mate, in terms of Phys it’s what I expected, admin no, nothing will prepare you for how much you get messed about! Back to back room changes, kit piles, the lot, it all gets to your head more than Phys ever will mate

that guy 27

Reaction score
What's it like socially, obviously everyone is there for the same reason so youd think everyone is like minded

mrnufc1105

Reaction score
Yeah and no, some right laugh a here who have the same interests like going out and chilling, but then some weirdos who won’t go out and are super boring, you’ll see it in every troop

Wings

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah and no, some right laugh a here who have the same interests like going out and chilling, but then some weirdos who won’t go out and are super boring, you’ll see it in every troop
I barely went out on the lash wouldnt call it different just not what we all enjoy on the regular

Thechancer

Reaction score
I barely went out on the lash wouldnt call it different just not what we all enjoy on the regular

A piss up is good ever now and then but I agree, I’m not one for going out all the time

lenny22

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Please can I ask did you get down in the first couple of weeks?

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry to much about nights out in Phase 1, you can only stay out until 2300!

ERFC

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I think they call it "the shock of capture" and if I'm right I'm sure there is a thread about it.

I was always last man with my head torch on ironing while the other lads started to get into their pits. Almost broke me multiple times but a couple of weeks later I was all over it and made phase 1 that much easier.

Latest posts

New Threads