Weekly Fitness

tcsmith88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
So, what does everybody do during the course of a week?

Me, I've just started running 3-4 times a week, gym sessions consisting of body weight and free weight circuits 3-4 times a week and whenever my working hours permit I'm going to start actual circuit training (Did my first one tonight after a run this morning and work-out in the afternoon) and spinning classes a couple of times a week. Oh, and I'm about start doing some proper swimming aswell. I just look upon it as surely any bit of fitness obviously helps and will stand me in good stead for my ultimate goal (=

I say "just" because if you read this... http://www.prmc.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6563 Due to personal circumstances I only reignited my interest a few weeks ago. But as you can see, I'm trying to well and truly start as I mean to go on.

gedro

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
2 days sprints, 1 day running, 2 days sprints, 1 day running, repeat.

weights also.

body weight exercises.

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Over the course of a week, my morning exercise + evening adds up to 1400 press ups and sit ups, about 50 pullups, depending on how many times I walk under the bathroom door frame. I should start running and swimming :|

daz665

Reaction score
Over the course of a week, my morning exercise + evening adds up to 1400 press ups and sit ups, about 50 pullups, depending on how many times I walk under the bathroom door frame. I should start running and swimming :|

1400? Holy *text deleted**text deleted*..

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
4 sets of 25, or if I feel like I can, 2 sets of 50.

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah definitely, I find it a lot easier to do them now.

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score

jesus christ. would you recomend that to other people? how many sets of pull ups do u do then?

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I only do pullups when I walk under my bathroom door frame, it sounds a lot but it's really not.

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I do nothing really just a spot of breathing here and there, just to keep the lungs going you see

W/\Nnabe

Reaction score
i do 3.2 miles running (medium pace) everyday

2/2.5 hours in the gym everyday

Monday: Legs, Abs, Arms, Shoulders
Tuesday: Chest, Shoulders
Wednesday: Full day cardio, Shoulders
Thursday: Back, Shoulders
Friday: Arms, Shoulders
Saturday: Light all rounder
Sunday: Light all rounder

almost never do any press ups

i do 100 full way situps
100 twist situps
100 half way situps
100 jack knives
(all on the monday and on a declined bench)
and 306 oblique crunches with dumbbells starting from 10kg at 50 reps all the way up to 30kg at 18 reps (take off 4 reps with each new weight)

pullups, i do about 40 a day

but also other than just doing pullups you should do shoulder exercises and back exercises if you have access to a gym, i would recommened deadlifting (BUT ONLY IF YOU HAVE BEEN TAUGHT HOW TO DO THEM PROPERLY) i couldnt stress that enough! dont even try any back exercises unless you have the form PERFECT!

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Gym every day, about an hour in the gym then 30mins swimming (Y)

W/\Nnabe

Reaction score
*text deleted* i need to start going swimming! literally havnt been swimming since i was 6! i just hate my local leisure centre's pool! full of kids and old people just getting in the way all the time! *text deleted* but if it helps towards my application for RMR i have my 10 meter badge! *text deleted*

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
*text deleted* i need to start going swimming! literally havnt been swimming since i was 6! i just hate my local leisure centre's pool! full of kids and old people just getting in the way all the time! *text deleted* but if it helps towards my application for RMR i have my 10 meter badge! *text deleted*

*text deleted*!

I've got my 10meter kellogs badge on my swimmin shorts *text deleted*....

W/\Nnabe

Reaction score
*text deleted*!

I've got my 10meter kellogs badge on my swimmin shorts *text deleted*....

*text deleted* thats funny! but i have my beginner and intermediate proficiencies, thats where you have to do a series of tests

beginner- in swimming shorts
a few lengths of the pool and a minute treading water

intermediate- swimming shorts and tshirt
more lengths treading water for longer and diving for a brick

advanced- fully clothed (all without resting)
12 lengths 4 breast stroke, 4 on the back and 4 freestyle (without stopping) then tread water for 2 minutes, dive for a brick, saving a casualty swimming back with someone around your arm and then 2 lengths in 1 minute!

(i failed the 2 lengths in 1 minute by about 17 seconds! *text deleted*)

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score

I only got my red stripe when I was a kid :doh:,
but I can swim a bit better now.

Just go to your local pool when lane swimming is on,
because even if there are a few old people,
you can always go in the medium or fast lane and people won't get in your way.