WEIGHT GAIN EMERGENCY!!! Plz Read

Commando Kennedy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ok this is the problem...

On 8th April i have my RT test..and soon after interview blh blah but im worrying about my medical as i don't think im quite 60kg..i believe im bout 56-58 depending what scales i use!! now my medical should be around 3-4 weeks after RT testif all goes well so ive got 3-4 weeks to put on 3/4kgs now ive had enough of people sayin just eat!! I do eat..loads like 3000cal a day..ive decided i might cut out gym and CV till ive passed medical n then BEAST my self..as my fitness is easy to re-gain..but went into AFCO other day and spoke 2 a marine i know there that knows about my weight and he sed the other day some one got deferred for 6MONTHS for been 57kg! so i see that i have a couple of choices...

1.) Withdraw app form for month or so..like complete RT test n Interview n ask for a month or 2 to put on the weight

2.) Cut out all form of exercise and eat fcuk loads! and b4 med drink loads of water

3.)Carry on ith gym but cut out CV n buy a supplement

ANY ADVICE WILL BE SOOO HELPFUL THANKSSSS

cutler05

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It might be the times that you eat your food. Although you say its 300kcal plus, eating the right foods at the right time will have a massive effect on your weight. Give any insight into *text deleted* diet etc?!

Bish

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
when i did my medical there was 1 lad who was 55 kg an he got passed the docter just said your *text deleted* need to put weight on before you go for your PRMC but i think it just depends on the docter. an id say get on the protein shakes theyve helped me out alot.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
when i did my medical there was 1 lad who was 55 kg an he got passed the docter just said your *text deleted* need to put weight on before you go for your PRMC but i think it just depends on the docter. an id say get on the protein shakes theyve helped me out alot.

It's a bit unusual that one- possibly the Doc passed him fit to do the PJFT, but the guy is underweight for going on PRMC or progressing any further so he's technically Temporarily Medically Unfit (TMU). If he went to Lympstone at that weight, he'd be sent straight back home without a shadow of a doubt.

Commando Kennedy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It might be the times that you eat your food. Although you say its 300kcal plus, eating the right foods at the right time will have a massive effect on your weight. Give any insight into *text deleted* diet etc?!

kk...well *text deleted* ov college i have breakfast at diff times everyday!!

Breakfast-Porridge Or other cereal with banana

Mid day snack-Chocolate bar ad pakcet of crisps

Lunch-Chicken/Tuna/Ham/Corned beef Sarndwich,fruit Or chicken and mushroom pie,Chick n bacon slice,Chicken tikka slice

Snack-Again just a lil snack i.e choc bar or 2 rounds of toast

Dinner-High protein dinner,chicken,spag,beef,pots,veg etc

Late snack- choc bar or biscuits

I've tried Maximuscle Progain 4 2months nd very little weight was gained..If any one knows any GOOD supplements that ACTUALLY WORK i would be grateful and if possible hw much n wer from
Thanks

vince

Reaction score
vitamin B-12 helps as well as getting at least 8 hours sleep a night and drinking lots of water. Drink around a half gallon a day, more if you can. Yes thats alot of water, but its that water that will help give you the energy you need to gain that weight. sounds strange but seemed to work for me. Also weight train loads. Good luck mate

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
3000 cal isnt that much if your training, Id say I eat that, and Im losing a bit of weight if anything. Eat *text deleted**text deleted*, just crappy bad foods.. eat them. get some protein shakes, but make sure they are high carb shakes. You get some shakes that are just protein, but if you get high carbs some shakes will have a ridiculous amount of cals, like 1000 or something. Eat lots all at once, that way it goes on as fat.

sooty795

Reaction score
one of my mate was taking MUTANT MAX - sounds stupid i know, but it`s 1050 cal per shake and 53gr of protein, i tried it for 2 months and put 6kg of lean mass on, i was weight training 3 times a week and limited my cardio.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Okay cut out a LITTLE bit of CV, running is probably the biggest fat and muscle reducer around. I dissagree with it but lifting a bit of weight is probably ideal to incerase muscle mass as it will add dense mucle thus weighing more. Protein shakes are pretty good but I prefer just to go to McDonalds and ask for a cup of pigs fat (they look at me weird when I say this, Banana Milkshake in lamens terms). Seriously eat anything you can, I put on probably 2kg a month, every month, I eat on average 3500cals a day and drink 8 pints a day.. not always water either ;)

Good luck, also fill yourself up on the day of the Medical, don't have a poo, and when the nurse says 'empty anything heavy out your pockets' say you don't have anything in your pockets you left it in the car.

Ash =)

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
wear weighted underwear *text deleted*

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
kk...well *text deleted* ov college i have breakfast at diff times everyday!!

Breakfast-Porridge Or other cereal with banana

Mid day snack-Chocolate bar ad pakcet of crisps

Lunch-Chicken/Tuna/Ham/Corned beef Sarndwich,fruit Or chicken and mushroom pie,Chick n bacon slice,Chicken tikka slice

Snack-Again just a lil snack i.e choc bar or 2 rounds of toast

Dinner-High protein dinner,chicken,spag,beef,pots,veg etc

Late snack- choc bar or biscuits

I've tried Maximuscle Progain 4 2months nd very little weight was gained..If any one knows any GOOD supplements that ACTUALLY WORK i would be grateful and if possible hw much n wer from
Thanks
Dunno if you're still in this conundrum but i'll give my 2 pence..

It does work but it's not just as simple as taking it and putting on pounds and pounds, were you weightlifting or atleast stimulating your muscles with BW exercises etc? You need to know how much you need to eat to grow first and how much calories your burning(whether by counting them or judgements from food amounts) cause if you weren't eating enough food or burning it all off, the Progain may well have done little or nothing because you still weren't reaching your basic caloric mantainence needs or just going over them.

As for putting on weight, you could put on 1-4(Possibly 4 if just starting lifting weights) pounds of muscle a month otherwise all the pounds you'll be putting on are fat and that's not going to help you in anyway but you *text deleted* do what you *text deleted* do!:dinner:

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
You might want to try creatine? My brother was on it and it increased his size dramatically (and strength).

I think weightlifting only increases weight in the long term. I lost like a stone of weight in fat and my weight was constantly the same for about 5 months, despite increasing in strength. Then all of a sudden I put it on. Just Get lots of supplements.

brownie123

Reaction score
I failed my first medical at 58kg, 3months later i was 60.4kg but thats from consuming 2litres of water 10mins before my medical *text deleted*. A month later and im around 64kg got my pjft tomorrow and my afco said you *text deleted* be 64+ for PRMC or youll get sent to sick-bay and fail straight away.

Eat smaller portions but eat more times in the day, pasta potatoes rice the usual is all carbs :)

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah that's really funny. I worked so hard to get to 60kg for my Medical and after my Medical I put weight on like no tomorrow!