Weight gain help

Discussion in 'Royal Marines History and Knowledge' started by AltownsuxD, Mar 10, 2017.

1. AltownsuxD

AltownsuxD New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hey guys/gals, names Adam, I'm 21, 5ft 10in, roughly 140lbs if that :/
    Just as the title suggests I was wondering if any of you lovely folk have any suggestions for me to help build myself up and what foods are the cleanest but also most nutrient dense, if anyone has a diet plan that would be superb, any plans whether fitness wise or other is more then welcome and would be a great help, thanks in advance.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

If you are 140lbs (about 63Kgs) you are nearly there. Eat pies, drink beer :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gromit

Gromit Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Eat even if you don't feel hungry, try to eat things like brown rice, chicken breast, pasta, bread, potatoes. Also a bowl of porridge at breakfast or before bed is a good boost of calories.
    Another thing is to make shakes out of like bananas, peanut butter, nuts, fruit and milk to get a quick 600 odd calories down you. Don't be scared of eating some junk food now and again but try and keep it mostly clean as this will give you the best results.
    I'm in the same boat as I'm underweight so this is what I've been doing and it's helped a lot.

4. JWJ

JWJ Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    I like to make a really tasty but fattening rice, and of course whilst fat weight isn't preferable if you urgently need to gain some weight dirty bulking is the best way to go about it, followed by exercise to equal it.

Basically it involves around two full table spoons of butter, add a bowls worth of rice to it in a large microwaveable bowl, spread the butter out so it doesn't clump ans burn. Microwave for like 2 mins. Stir the rice, add 2 chicken stock cubes to around 2 pts of water and mix it, add the water to the rice, mirowvqe for 2 mins, stir, then de frost in microwave for 10 mins. If rice is still hard microwave for 2 mins untill perfecto.

Tastes absolutely amazing and keeps without going hard.

5. Gromit

Gromit Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    That sounds awesome, I always get sick of white rice when I eat it but i'll try that butter recipe next time!

6. JWJ

JWJ Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Its abit of trial and error to get it perfect, with some intersting (bad) tastes if you get it wrong, but its well worth it! Rice should be fluffy like normal, but yellowish of colour, and smell delicious. Don't let the rice get clumped up in the inital heat with the butter.

7. AltownsuxD

AltownsuxD New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Thanks for the advice guys, all sounds really interesting and good to put together In a plan/spreadsheet, I was wondering if anyone knows the best idea how to start slowly to expand my stomach as my eating has been out the window for awhile...

8. Gromit

Gromit Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    There are a few things that I think will help, as they helped me:

-What ever serving size you normally have increase it, such as rather that just 1 sandwich, have 2 sandwiches.

-Make sure to drink lots of water as that can stretch your stomach and over time allow you to eat more.

-Even when you are really full, try and get a bit more down you as it's possible to do so, but don't go so far as you're being sick haha.

-Exercise makes you hungrier, which in return allows you to eat more.

-Don't eat 4 huge meals a day, eat small meals packed with calories and fibre (nuts, peanut butter sandwiches, bananas, ice cream, yogurt etc).

9. wellmemedmyboy

wellmemedmyboy Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Eat more calories doesn't matter what!